Malamute kills girl

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
An Alaskan Malamute killed a little girl today. :(
I saw it on the news today. They said the little girl was left alone for a few minutes with their pet Malamute and the Malamute jumped on the girl and squished her head and chest. They said the girl was only 2 years old!! What kind of parent would leave any young child alone with a dog!!
The malamute thought twas all in good fun and was just trying to play, but the girl was real fragile and the Mal was too heavy.
Stupid parents!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Sorry I don't. They only breifly discussed it on the news and I looked on their website, but it said nothing about it.

I did a news search for malamutes and came up with the 7 year old girl in Fruita, CO. It was the only story I found for malamutes.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Well, this happened in Washington state where I saw it on the news. But they didn't even have it on their site, just mentioned it on the news and showed the father who left them alone crying that the dogs were viscious.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Ok, the news I saw it on was Q13, which I don't think that's our local station, but could be wrong. Tell me if you turn up anything K? I looked through the website, but couldn't find it.

Last edited:
Im not seeing anything on the Q13 site for this. Only Malamute story involving the death of a child is in CO with a 7 year old girl. Ill try and look more tomorow.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Ok....Thanks.
I was sorta upset when i couldn't find it on their site. I really wanted to know the entire thing.

I remember when my little sister was born we where all worried about my stepmoms dog, he was really proitetive of the stepmom. He was a confirmed cat killer, and they didnt know how well he would do with the new born. They worried for nothing with Le Mutt he was the perfect babysitter for her, a great protecter. He didnt deal well with being snipped at the age of 6 and moving from a farm into the city, moving to the city messed with him more than anything, he was still a great protector.

Le Mutt was never left unsupervised with Maggie, my sister, but he never gave any of us a need to worry, we watched him the entire time anyway.

Irish

I'm from Michigan and I thought this story happened here. It was 2 Malmutes who killed a 2-year-old girl, that would be really strange if it happened twice!

Why did they PTS the dogs? They just jumped on the girl, it wasn't like they attacked her! OMG, stupid people...I feel sorry for the parents and the girl but I think it is so stupid that two probably perfectly good dogs got PTS because of the owners ignorence.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
On the news here they said it was only one. Maybe I heard it wrong, but I could of sworn they said it was only 1.

OK I looked a little more and found the story about the 2 year old, that happened on the 6th in Michigan. The dogs where a huskey and a malamute.

http://www.freep.com/news/locoak/maul7e_20050507.htm

Over the weekend A 7 year old CO girl was fatally attacked by the famillies Malamutes.

http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,1413,204~21474~2859089,00.html

Both cases could have been avoided with a little common sense, sociallising, and resonsability. The tragic lossesof the children didnt have to happen and the dogs would not have been euthanised.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
How awfully tragic for both families!! :( Some people shouldn't be allowed to have dogs!

Members online

No members online now.