Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 06-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Top Dog

Angry Beautiful Pit on T.V.

news just now in Indy. Lovely white dog, in a cage with loving big eyes and sweet smile................only problem...he attacked a mail carrier (female today ) ....crashed through the screen door and ripped her arm in three places. They interviewed her with blood soaked shirt and pants. He's at the control center until his fate is decided . Once again, because of the owners (probably) this boy will be put down. It's real problem here . They are bought for the wrong reason and never trained properly. So sad !
Old 06-06-2005, 06:39 PM
user not active

Its never the dogs fault always an owner? Interesting. A dog can do no wrong.

I love the hypocracy of pit bull owners/supporters.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:40 PM
~3 Mutts~

AW! That's so sad!!! I can't believe that.....
Old 06-06-2005, 06:41 PM
~3 Mutts~

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriondw
Its never the dogs fault always an owner? Interesting. A dog can do no wrong.

I love the hypocracy of pit bull owners/supporters.

A dog relies on it's owners to teach it right from wrong. It's the owner's fault for not teaching their dog. And, yes, I'm a Pit Bull lover.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

That's really sad....although what if it was a genetic thing or some kind of medical problem. Is that a possiblity?
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill."

RIP Chief.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:49 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purr
A dog relies on it's owners to teach it right from wrong. It's the owner's fault for not teaching their dog. And, yes, I'm a Pit Bull lover.
Training goes only skin deep, the genetics go far deeper.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Rusty but Trusty

I am a pitbull owner. I do not agree with you whatsoever orion. It is not the dogs fault. He could not help if he was bred wrong, or mistreated, or teased by the mail carrier. Who knows how the attack occured. I seriously doubt the pitbull got up this morning and decided to attack the mail lady. It is up to the owners to properly train their pits (or any breed of dog) how to behave properly. Pitbulls are EXCEPTIONAL family dogs. Well known on being able to tolerate the rough and tumble play of kids. They are extremely people loyal (friendly). Who knows the circumstances on why this dog attacked. Maybe this dog had been mistreated, or the mail lady might have teased the dog. I have seen mail carriers tease dogs around here (I live close to Indy) so I know it happens.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:53 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
I am a pitbull owner. I do not agree with you whatsoever orion. It is not the dogs fault. He could not help if he was bred wrong, or mistreated, or teased by the mail carrier. Who knows how the attack occured. I seriously doubt the pitbull got up this morning and decided to attack the mail lady. It is up to the owners to properly train their pits (or any breed of dog) how to behave properly. Pitbulls are EXCEPTIONAL family dogs. Well known on being able to tolerate the rough and tumble play of kids. They are extremely people loyal (friendly). Who knows the circumstances on why this dog attacked. Maybe this dog had been mistreated, or the mail lady might have teased the dog. I have seen mail carriers tease dogs around here (I live close to Indy) so I know it happens.
Any pitbull that attacks a human is a poorly bred pit. In this case, you are probably right. I was refering more to the dog agression.

I do agree that pitbulls if properly bred make wonderful pets, but for their notoriety as a fighter. Majority of them being bred right now are NOT properly bred.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:55 PM
~3 Mutts~

I agree with Julie 100%. Now, if he had been a cocker, nobody would've been bothered to put him on the news, but since he's a Pit Bull.....the story has to make the front page
Old 06-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Top Dog

According to the story, she had put the mail in the box on the front porch and was 1/2 way down the walk when he crashed through. I really doubt she teased him and it must have been a surprise as they carry mace.