Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Big Dog

I would also suggest the Canidae food. It resolved some poopy issues with my Golden Retriever. It's also great for the skin and coat!
Old 04-08-2007, 05:34 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvntzus View Post
Ground yellow corn, chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, soybean hulls*, whole wheat flour, rice flour, chicken, soy flour, beef tallow preserved with mixed-tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), sugar, animal digest, tricalcium phosphate, sorbitol, water, salt, phosphoric acid, potassium chloride, dicalcium phosphate, sorbic acid (a preservative), L-Lysine monohydrochloride, dried green beans, dried carrots, calcium carbonate, calcium propionate (a preservative), choline chloride, vitamin supplements (E, A, B-12, D-3), zinc sulfate, added color (Yellow 5, Red 40, Yellow 6, Blue 2), DL-Methionine, ferrous sulfate, glyceryl monostearate, manganese sulfate, niacin, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, biotin, thiamine mononitrate, copper sulfate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), calcium iodate, sodium selenite
You also forgot to "bold" the chicken by product meal. Yes its chicken but what parts of the chicken.

It then says chicken but it is already 7th in the ingredients list and it *should* be chicken meal.

For instance:

1 lb of chicken=1/4 lb of chicken once it has been dried out and added
1 lb of chicken meal=1 lb of chicken meal in the food.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Big Dog

We had Kovi on Cal Natural for a while and she had the same problem. I would make two suggestions . . . first, look at the Cal Natural formula, was it chicken or lamb? Kovi didn't do well on the lamb, but when I switched her to chicken based foods, she did great. Also, because of the loose stools I switched her to Nutro (which I thought was an ok food, but found out it wasn't) and then to Nature's Variety Chicken and Rice and have had no problems.