Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-08-2005, 08:31 PM
woof!

Default No to Vegetarian diets

I had seen many people that think a dog can be healty whit a 100% vegetarian diet, even they give papaya seeds to they dogs, that's just bad.

I know dogs don't only have to eat meat, but they need balance on they diet, this pearson don't seem to undested that brocoli, papaya, seeds, cabbage, lettuce, ... are bad for the carnivores.

And they are people on the other side that think dogs only have to eat meat, bones, meat by products, that bad too.
Even I saw a snaucer breeder on animal planet that recomeds to feed the dogs whit only crude meat and milk, just wrong.

When I say to people that this is wrong they think "she's crazy, the dogs have to eat bones"
Old 05-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Island dweller

I'm not sure what you mean it's wrong. Which part? A dog can eat a nice healthy raw diet - and they do need bones. And some dogs seem to do well on a vegetarian diet but I'm not for that. You really have to know what your doing to feed yourself that way let alone a dog!

Basically, I think everyone needs to do their research on what they feed their dogs (and theirselves) That includes kibble!
Old 05-08-2005, 08:46 PM
woof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
I'm not sure what you mean it's wrong. Which part? A dog can eat a nice healthy raw diet - and they do need bones. And some dogs seem to do well on a vegetarian diet but I'm not for that. You really have to know what your doing to feed yourself that way let alone a dog!

Basically, I think everyone needs to do their research on what they feed their dogs (and theirselves) That includes kibble!
The papaya seeds, and the bone can perfore they stomach, and they teeth could broke.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light
The papaya seeds, and the bone can perfore they stomach.
Only cooked bones are dangerous. And I don't know about papaya seeds but papaya tablets are good for tummies! Why would you feed seeds? I'll have to look into that.

Dogs have been eating raw bones for thousands of years. That's where they get their calcium among other things from.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:54 PM
woof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
Only cooked bones are dangerous. And I don't know about papaya seeds but papaya tablets are good for tummies! Why would you feed seeds? I'll have to look into that.

Dogs have been eating raw bones for thousands of years. That's where they get their calcium among other things from.

Well many people feed them whit the leaft overs of thet food, and my aunt wen she had a dog feed him whit papaya and papaya seeds, weird!
Old 05-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Island dweller

That's weird. I've never heard of feeding papaya seeds!
Old 05-09-2005, 03:04 PM
no touchy

My three dogs are fed a raw/kibble diet and will soon be eating a completely raw diet. It is completely balanced and healthy. Let me ask you: If my dogs are so unhealthy, why are their coats fuzzy, shiny and silky? Why are they full of energy (and one of them at the age of nine)? Why do they have all of their teeth (pretty healthy teeth, infact)? Why is it that--even though they've eaten who knows how many bones--none of their teeth are chipped or broken?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Top Dog

Gaddy,I've heard its bad to feed all meat too. You may want to look into that more.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Island dweller

I don't think it's bad to feed all meat at all. You should feed varied meat and supplement with things like eggs and yogurt... veggies are good too. I guess it depends on what "all meat" means.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Top Dog

So you don't feed all meat,right? I took all meat to mean all meat,no eggs veges etc.