Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
I wonder how that would affect the Fila, since it's also known as the Brazillian Mastiff.
The Dogue De Bordeaux is also known as the French Mastiff, And the Dogo Argentino is the Argentinean Mastiff and they are not banned! I think if you sticked to calling them Filas you would be ok!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 05-10-2005, 09:51 PM
mostly ignored...

Oh my goodness there are too many quirks to count For starters if it is a saturday morning and Tim gets up to see the boys off and take Sunny out to potty and have breakfast,the second he is finished he will run upstairs and bark at our bedroom door. Tim will then rush upstairs to let him in to quiet him down so I can sleep longer (right, after the seranade of Sunny dog, that'll happen) he'll leap practically from the door onto the bed and lick my face until I open my eyes and cuddle him close. sometimes he will lay there and sleep with me, and sometimes he'll wiggle away and pull back the covers as if to say "TIME TO GET UP SILLY! TIME TO PLAY!" and bark at me in play stance. Also, if I seem to be taking too long at getting him his food he'll from where I told him to stay, stand on his hind legs and jump up to the edge of the counter (he's almost made it right into the sink!) and bark really loud once to say "what's taking so long?!" then go back to his spot and wait until I give him his food. (if he does this I make him wait longer...I think eventually he'll get it...maybe) He chases my shoe laces, or if I don't have shoe laces, the cuffs of my pants. If I have food he will do ALLLLL of his tricks to con me out of it. He'll pull the sheet that covers his crate into the crate if he wakes up before us and gets bored. Then he'll sit and muffle his barks so that we hear him but he isn't being so loud that we fuss at him. If that doesn't work he'll run back and forth in the crate to make it rattle, and get a toy and throw it against the sides. If we accidentally left a squeak toy in there he'll go to it with that until we get up and let him out. He follows me into the bathroom and tries to lick my underwear (eeeew) . He walks himself on the leash. (he takes the leash into his mouth and walks head high, trotting proudly around the park) he rolls his eyes at me. He sighs if he doesn't get what he wants . He'll flop down and make this low moaning noise and look up at me then flop his head back down. It looks just like a teenager when he's annoyed at you! There's more but this is getting long.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Top Dog

Iknow this thread is a few weeks old, but I have to ask this; does everyone's dog wipe their feet after taking a poop outside, or is it just my Peanut?
Old 05-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I think it is to spread their scent.
Lucas does that too
Old 05-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Top Dog

Oh, I was getting worried...lol
Old 05-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Top Dog

Nedim...alot of dogs do the scatching thing to cover their poop.....now, if you mean he wipes his feet on a rug before he enters the house.... you have a REAL winner !!
Old 05-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Top Dog

No, its like she poops, takes a few steps, wipes her feet a few times, then walks up the steps and inside we go.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:04 AM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedim
No, its like she poops, takes a few steps, wipes her feet a few times
Gus does that after peeing! Keeping the tootsies tidy is very important work!
My mum's friend Noreen encouraged mum's dog Barley to do it and now he has taught Gus to do it! Although Barley goes a bit over board and starts to "Moonwalk" now! He wipes his feet so much he actually moves backwards!! Lol! SO funny to see!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 05-23-2005, 06:04 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
Gus does that after peeing! Keeping the tootsies tidy is very important work!
My mum's friend Noreen encouraged mum's dog Barley to do it and now he has taught Gus to do it! Although Barley goes a bit over board and starts to "Moonwalk" now! He wipes his feet so much he actually moves backwards!! Lol! SO funny to see!

LOL a Michael Jackson impersonating dog. That is TOO funny. Does he know any good songs?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:21 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedim
LOL a Michael Jackson impersonating dog. That is TOO funny. Does he know any good songs?
LOL! Just make sure his nose doesn't start disappearing!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian