Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 04:35 AM
Shiba Inu Slave

You know, I'm probably going to get jumped on for this as well- but as someone who has been dealing with a lot of pain in my "out of Chaz" life lately, I can resonate with what Iliamna's Quest was saying.

Jokes designed to hurt people, even done in a spirit of fun, *can* backfire. And while I figured it out pretty quick, it still sort of left a bad taste in my mouth- while the hurt didn't last long, this was the second time this week that I logged onto a website, only to find something disparaging written about myself (the other instance was unrelated to Chaz). And I *know* it was aimed at everyone- but if you could even for a *second* imagine how it felt for those few moments to see that- after seeing the *latest* nasty thing written about me somewhere else, well, all I can say is that eventually little things start to chip away at you.

Blue, I appreciate your humor and think you're a d@mn funny member of Chaz, but I found it kind of disheartening that you wouldn't even consider Melanie's post as having *any* sort of legitimacy. Rather, you chose to poke fun at her, and make her part of the joke as well. I wasn't going to write this until I realized, that maybe someone else on the board felt the same way I do- that after seeing multiple jokes on this board (some of which were imho sort of tasteless), and perhaps dealing with other issues in their life, might be saddened to see that their feelings were seen as illegitimate or "overly dramatic" simply because they didn't mirror that of the majority. I generally think of Chaz as a pretty accepting place...and one of those few message boards on the web where people do act as a family of sorts. Even just a nod to the idea that some people might have legitimately been upset by something like this (even if you believe they're too sensitive or what have you), would show a great deal of compassion. You can't know the scars that people carry on their hearts- so treating people with tenderness can really be a gift to them. Just a thought.

Thanks for giving this some consideration guys.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:20 AM
Crazy woman!

What did I say that was so wrong,exactly?
Why pick me huh? Cause I'm new.
You seriously are either a bully or a troll,or both.
Get your facts straight before you start ripping on me,mkay?

Where the hell did I say I let my dog control my house,buddy?!
My dog needs cuddles,because she is really untrusting of humans and NEVER got cuddled in her last home.Where she was ABUSED.

I seriously hope this is a sick joke,and I seriously hope you get out there and get a life instead of picking on new people over the internet.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Angel Chicken

Jazzy, Sweetie, it is an April Fool's Joke!

Read through the thread

Funny, it is STILL getting people!! I'm dying here!!!

For Melanie and Tempra...

Think of it this way, guys. They wanted to pick a subject that they KNEW would fire someone up. That is why they chose that subject. No hurt was intended at all

Everybody will look back at this and laugh one day! I know I will!

Hey Blue, Do I get a Lama?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Puppy Dog

I think I'm missing something here... That title is really offensive!!!
Can someone fill me in with what that first post means... I don't even get my puppy until May.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
I think I'm missing something here... That title is really offensive!!!
Can someone fill me in with what that first post means... I don't even get my puppy until May.
It was an April Fool's joke....not very amusing but it was a joke....

(Im keeping the spirit of my llama award )

Last edited by jess2416; 04-02-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Top Dog

I'm at work peeking in as my server was down yesterday of all days!!!! Netzero SUCKS!!!! Was Mr. Chazhound behind this one? It's brilliant!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Angel Chicken

I don't think Chaz was behind this one
Old 04-02-2007, 10:22 AM
RedyreRottweilers

I will say it again.

Not funny. Not funny at all.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Felurian

You're entitled, Red . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-02-2007, 11:09 AM
whatszmatter

I thought it was funny. I didn't realize it was an April Fool's joke, I just thought to myself, where did this guy come up with that stuff, I didn't even read past the first post. Then I read that I had won something on another thread, that confused me for a minute, till I read further.

All in all I'd say it took a devious mind to pull this one off. I'm glad it's the 2nd.
Closed Thread