Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Dog Spoiler

Default Crow Problem

I got crows and other birds coming into my backyard. They're pooping all over the place and its driving me crazy to get out the pressure cleaner everyday. How can I make them stop coming?

-Jon
Old 05-23-2005, 02:48 AM
Don't encourage me..

Throw bird seed into your neighbours garden! Lol!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 05-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Felurian

You can get fake owls and put them out to keep the starlings out of your yard. I think there are even some with motion sensors built in that will make noise. The only drawback to the owls is that sometimes the starlings get smart and figure out that owls aren't out in the daytime!

Some towns will set off harmless but noisy charges for you to scare them off as they're considered a health hazard.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-24-2005, 01:06 AM
Dog Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav
Lol I would but they would cry about it for months.

Any other tips I really need to get rid of these things. I really want to get a gun and shoot them but if I miss, than I'm gonna shoot the other houses around here. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

The problems getting worse cuz theyre starting to try and attack me. I cant go outside without a tennis racket or ill get dive bombed by a crow. UGHHHH i hate them sooo much.

-Jon

Last edited by shredhead (DOG LOVER); 05-24-2005 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:26 AM
Felurian

You should call your town's city manager and ask who you need to speak to about this problem. His secretary can probably give you the right information. Another place to call is the wildlife resources agency.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
ROFLOL!!!

Yes, I'd do what Renee said. That is positively getting out of hand....sounds like the balance of nature is screwed up a little in that area. I'd probably shoot them too. Those owls sound great, but the birds will get habituated to them and come right back. It would be nice to have a trained, pet hawk. That would fix 'em.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Felurian

Before you start shooting you'd better check to see if there are any laws against discharging firearms where you are! Not to mention tell your neighbors what you're doing.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-24-2005, 08:25 AM
Top Dog

We have more birds hanging around in our neighborhood than other years. I sit outside watching and I've told my husband I swear that some of them tease Princess! So reading your post just convinces me more that I'm right. The ones that tease are crows. The bird sits on the fence and hollars to get Princess' attention then swoops down just above Princess then up to a tree just out of Princess' reach. Princess goes nuts, jumping at the tree and barking. I dont think my husband believes me when I tell him a bird is picking on Princess!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Felurian

We had some starlings that were doing that with our dogs earlier - until Bimmer leapt up and caught one! They leave the dogs alone now, lol!

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-24-2005, 08:37 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

If they are attacking u it sounds like they have a nest out there..wish you liked them instead..crows can be fascinating.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white cat