Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Top Dog

I am so disappointed now after reading more . I trust people's intentions too mucn . Especially when they've been on the forum for this long . Sad .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 03-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Look at her first post

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26449

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 03-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I think that says it all
Old 03-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Guess not much was learned between then and now. Lot of talk, not much learning except how to attempt to lie to cover yourself.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 03-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Loves off-leash training!

I hope the pups will be on a limited registration and that good homes that will spay/neuter will be the emphasis (and NOT price .. these are pups coming from non-proven, non-health tested stock and therefore do not warrant a high price in any way).

An "oops" simply means "I wasn't paying attention at a time when I should have been" .. and in this particular situation, all the signs point toward this being a deliberate breeding anyway.

You know what frustrates me even more than anything else? Even with all the dogs in shelters and rescues, there's a place for responsible breeders out there. There's a place for breeders who are doing their best to breed quality dogs from breeding stock that is proven to be genetically healthy, conformationally correct, intelligent and excellent examples of the breed. You could have tried to be one of these breeders, but instead you made the choice (and it WAS a choice) to just breed two dogs that happened to have registration papers. THIS is the type of breeder that makes people dislike breeders.

And if this HAD been an "oops" .. a responsible breeder would have said "okay, I've made a mistake but I still want to be responsible .. my dogs have not completed the qualifications to be worthy of breeding and it is completely wrong to bring puppies into the world until then .. so I will go the vet and get the mismate shot and then make D*MN sure not to make this mistake again".

Yep, that's what a responsible human being would have done.

I do hope your bitch does well with whelping and that everything goes fine. I'm sure no one wishes you ill in any way. But what you have done was completely WRONG - you KNOW it too - and if you came here thinking people would say "oooooohh, PUPPIES!!" then you're wrong in that too.

Please, make sure you find the best of homes, have spay/neuter contracts, only offer limited registration so that no offspring of these dogs can be bred, and make money the LEAST of your considerations in selling these pups.

And then get your dogs health-tested, get some titles going, either have your bitch spayed or put her on cheque drops to keep her out of heat, and make an effort to show that you are willing to be RESPONSIBLE.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Old 03-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Show Dog

I went back and read their intro posts...this was planned.
Just another byb out for $$.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Puppy Dog

I'm new can someone please define BYB?

Second, this might be an incorrect thought but there are two forms of breeding that I don't get upset at. The first is breeding to better the breed. This is certenly not it. To better the breed n my mind there needs to be some outstanding attribute that you desire to breed into the existing breed. (size, weight, temperment, etc.) I would never attempt this version ever. I don't know enough. Every dog I have ever had has been altered, or was kept a very close watch of during the proper times. ( I don't like fixing dogs when there older there is an aperent mood change (perhaps percived) and they don't seem to be the same as before, but puppies (before sexual maturity) are fine and don't seem effected one bit. (I do agree with shelters no-non-altered dogs can be adopted rule even if it means older dogs get altered, why risk it)

Anyway the second reason that I can like (and here is where the disagreements will come in) Is on farms, or other big wide open spaces, where puppies are desireable even though not for "breeding" purpouses. Theres a very thin line between this in an acceptable form for me, and a non-acceptable form. If you get two non-altered dogs and decide to keep them that way, and decide to let them breed, with the intention of just having more puppies around the farm, then I am O.K. with this (although I think a better option is to go to the pound). If however there is money involved, or it's an accident, any other reason then you want more pups on your farm (can't think of why but I'm still ok with it) then I think it's wrong.

This is not either of thoes cases.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:02 AM
Top Dog

BYB stands for backyard breeder and refers to breeders who breed irresponsibly--because of greed, ignorance, or other reasons. It covers a wide range. The lady who breeds her dog because "he has papers" or "because she's so sweet, everyone will want her sweet puppies" is a backyard breeder. Someone who breeds "because everyone wants a Breed XYZ right now" or "labradoodles are hot right now" is also a BYB. Hope that helps.

To the OP: Shame on you. Shame on you.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:06 AM
Shiba Inu Slave

Gah. This is just ridiculous.

Obviously the breeding was planned- and obviously, this person doesn't know the first thing about establishing a respectable breeding program.

For one, it's absolutely ridiculous to assume that you could look at a 5 month old PUPPY and already determine his good points and bad points- determine that he is the BEST match for your particular bitch. That where she falters, he excells, and that he compliments her. Nevermind the fact that you can't test for hip dysplasia or patellar luxation until the animal is two.

And in a breed where these problems RUN RAMPANT.

Siiiigh....

Old 03-28-2007, 02:06 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Yep, Boemy covered it. I've had people argue with me that "the cute elderly couple down the street who are breeding their 2 poodles for fun" are not BYBs. Yes, they are.

A breeder who doesn't show or work their dogs... who doesn't health test... who breeds every heat... who breeds young females... who uses pseudo registries such as APRI... who is breeding their dogs because they are cute... who is breeding to show their children the 'miracle' of life... who is breeding dogs completely out of breed standards... who is breeding mixed breeds... who is breeding for profit... is a backyard breeder.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Closed Thread