Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Big Dog

Angry Dont Get Iams!

never ever ever get iams!they torture animals!the bad food iams makes,they feed it to their test subjects!
Old 05-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Top Dog

I think all the food companies do this, unfortunately. Do you have a link that says Iam's is doing things differently than others?
Old 05-07-2005, 09:57 AM
no touchy

Most all petfood companies test their food(s) on animals, but not all abuse their test animals like IAMS does.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Felurian

Not all, Amy. NaturaPet sets the standard for humane treatment of their animals. Their animals are rescues and actually have better lives than lots of "pets" then are adopted into homes while they are still young. There is no invasive testing done on these animals either.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Big Dog

well, i have no link to tell me this, but i was just lookin around at sites and found out that iams tests stuff on animals, and the food the animals dont like, the scientists make and force the animals to eat it!then they SELL IT to us and out animals eat it!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Big Dog

*our*
Old 05-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Top Dog

that's because IAMS is managed by Procter and Gamble..they're the guys that make dishwasher fluids and other chemicals..which of course..they also test on animals..they're not interested in the quality of the food, just how much profit they make off of it..they test it but the quality is still ****...there are many dog food companies out there that do not test on animals, and if they do, they do at home tests...basically you feed your dog the food and then they take blood samples and the home bit...makes perfect sense to me..why torture a dog by shoving a tube down its throat and injecting vegetable oil into its system until it goes into painful convulsions?..yeah...you go proctar and gamble *rolls eyes* idiots..

But besides them testing on animals, IAMS is just a terrible brand of food..its basically at the bottom of the food chain lol if you will...the quality is terrible, there are far too many additives and chemicals, its got CORN as its main ingredient..I mean..do I even need to go on?

My advice....avoid any dog food you can buy at your local grocery store...IAMS, Eukaneuba, Purina, Pedigree..its all junk and nothing but junk..

*steps off of soap box*
Old 05-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Big Dog

lol i have sum of that stuff in my "dont get iams" posts!
Old 05-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Big Dog

o srry just got confused
Old 05-08-2005, 02:46 PM
<--My 2 angels Odo & Odie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulliest
that's because IAMS is managed by Procter and Gamble..they're the guys that make dishwasher fluids and other chemicals..which of course..they also test on animals..they're not interested in the quality of the food, just how much profit they make off of it..they test it but the quality is still ****...there are many dog food companies out there that do not test on animals, and if they do, they do at home tests...basically you feed your dog the food and then they take blood samples and the home bit...makes perfect sense to me..why torture a dog by shoving a tube down its throat and injecting vegetable oil into its system until it goes into painful convulsions?..yeah...you go proctar and gamble *rolls eyes* idiots..

But besides them testing on animals, IAMS is just a terrible brand of food..its basically at the bottom of the food chain lol if you will...the quality is terrible, there are far too many additives and chemicals, its got CORN as its main ingredient..I mean..do I even need to go on?

My advice....avoid any dog food you can buy at your local grocery store...IAMS, Eukaneuba, Purina, Pedigree..its all junk and nothing but junk..

*steps off of soap box*
Yes she is right lilly. Procter and Gamble makers of Imas and many other products. Check out this thread.... http://www.chazhound.com/forums/show...ighlight=chest

There are some links in there you should go to..including the ones that will let you know who test on animals, and who dosen't.