Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-07-2005, 03:12 PM
<--My 2 angels Odo & Odie

mrose_s...Here is my white German Shepherd...Her name is Shenzie. She is 5/Yr.
She is a very loving gurl.. She has skin problems. Hip problems/ All though it is not severe at this time. She is very hard headed/ but we still love her. She is the best with kids,as you can see from her pic. That is my grandson with her in the yard. Their coats are hard to keep white, but we use a whitening shampoo (all though i belive that is contributes to the skin problem, looking for alternatives).
They shed really bad. We brush her and get a plastic bag full every time.
Not trying to discourage you just giving facts from living with one..All in all they are great.
Here is a really great site that can answer all you questions

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/rev...shepherds.html

Chandler and Shenzie / April -2005

Shenzie/ april-2005

Please read the history on the left side as well..White has always occurred naturally in German Shepherds

What tis artical states is true..Shenzie is proof of that..lol/ so like any other dog there is good and bad..Would not trade her for the world.

Hope this helped you.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Felurian

Nectarine, I hope switching Shenzie's food will help with her skin problems. Getting the toxins out of her food supply should help. She is beautiful.

The problem with the Whites is that to perpetuate those White lines, breeders are breeding White to White. While it is a natural occuring - though rare - coloration in the breed, it is a recessive gene. Nothing good ever comes of breeding recessive to recessive over and over again. Look what it's done to the blue merle coated herding dogs - given us the "lethal white" gene . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-07-2005, 09:35 PM
woof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Nectarine, I hope switching Shenzie's food will help with her skin problems. Getting the toxins out of her food supply should help. She is beautiful.

The problem with the Whites is that to perpetuate those White lines, breeders are breeding White to White. While it is a natural occuring - though rare - coloration in the breed, it is a recessive gene. Nothing good ever comes of breeding recessive to recessive over and over again. Look what it's done to the blue merle coated herding dogs - given us the "lethal white" gene . . .
Yeah that's right, and white german are a discualification.
Is NOT good to breed them, 'cause could ruin the breed, maiten the purity of a breed is a piaroety.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light
Yeah that's right, and white german are a discualification.
Is NOT good to breed them, 'cause could ruin the breed, maiten the purity of a breed is a piaroety.
White dogs can be registered with the AKC as German Shepherds and shown in AKC performance events (obedience, tracking, agility), but NOT in conformation classes. The UKC allows White Shepherds to be registered as their own breed and to compete in conformation classes with other White Shepherds. The American White Shepherd Association also holds its own events.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il

Thank you Renee.
Yea we are hoping that the food change will help to.
I see what you are saying about the white on white not being good to breed. I hate to hear that they do that. Can't be good. But then i know nothing about breeding.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:01 AM
BusterLove

Shenzie is lovely, i dont think ill get one, i was just interested, but their is always time and if I can save its life from a shelter or something. il take one on.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:37 PM
woof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by necterine0
White dogs can be registered with the AKC as German Shepherds and shown in AKC performance events (obedience, tracking, agility), but NOT in conformation classes. The UKC allows White Shepherds to be registered as their own breed and to compete in conformation classes with other White Shepherds. The American White Shepherd Association also holds its own events.
Yes as well albino dobermanns and white boxers, but in the pedigree will say that they are not recomended for breeding.

In the pedigree says all the deffects that a dog could have like displacia.

I know they say this in the FCI pedigrees, but I supose they say it in the AKC's too.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:28 PM
BusterLove

thats interesting, thanks for all your help

Old 05-26-2005, 05:51 PM
life without dogs,no way!

I think their pretty!!!!!

All dogs have the same fatal bite potenial,
not just pit bulls and rottweilers.
END BREED DISCRIMINATION!

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT,
BUT IF YOU DO THEY PAY THE PRICE.
REPORT ANIMAL CRUELTY