Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-22-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

Default Doberman Ears.

Ok so I am guessing that this is where this post should be. Anyways... as you all know I have had some problems with Maya's ears and my vet doing a horrid job with taping and posting... so we had an experianced Dog trainer and Dobe owner come and tape Maya's ears... I was going to get the pictures up last night, but I just got tooo busy... so I took the pictures today and here they are.

Sorry if they are big

The tape was a bit reflective in this one, sorry

*more*

Did you know that it is a sin, Immorality lies within- September

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

I dont know what happened with this one, she moved. But I am trying to give you every view and angle possible

and for reference, here are her ears before

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 03-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Top Dog

You had them assess her behavior as well, didn't you? How did that go?

U-CD Can. CH. Shay CD CGN HIC
UKC/Can. CH. Trouble and Can. CH. Skye
... youngsters Jesse, Tally, and Constantine
AND 9 little baby Tervs!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Top Dog

Looks like she may be getting some pockets. They're turning inward too much. I'd lose the brace between them, personally. Are you catching that fold on the medial side (side closest to the middle of her head) at the base and keeping it folded the way it is naturally or are you folding it flat? Is this foam? Is it firm enough? I used the tampon method and don't have experience with the foam, although I've heard of many people using it. Just wondering how firm it is.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Naturally Natural

The foam works fine, I am using it to post a few puppies at work and my friend the dane breeder uses it as well, so if it will hold up dane ears, it has to work

just so everyoe understands, the pics here that she is posting is NOT what resulted in the ears she posted last. the pic of the ears untaped is what they looked before someone ELSE posted them using the foam. personally the posting looks pretty good and is exactly how i post ears (i use the brace in the beginning, shes only been cropped a week or so).

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 03-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Phototaker

Do you show? I personally don't believe in ear cropping...She is beautiful, I love dobies.. I hope you get them straightened out.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberkim View Post
The foam works fine, I am using it to post a few puppies at work and my friend the dane breeder uses it as well, so if it will hold up dane ears, it has to work

just so everyoe understands, the pics here that she is posting is NOT what resulted in the ears she posted last. the pic of the ears untaped is what they looked before someone ELSE posted them using the foam. personally the posting looks pretty good and is exactly how i post ears (i use the brace in the beginning, shes only been cropped a week or so).
so do you think that the tape job is okay? or should I remove the tape and have Sizzledog do it for me? I would rather do it here in town so that is why i opted for this lady to do it, she is only 5 minutes away.

and yes she left the flap on the part closest to the center of Maya's head natural. she said to let it fold naturally and not try to straighten it. Is this correct?

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 03-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

I wish I could show you in one of your pictures, but you have part of the ear, towards the base folded in the wrong direction which is probably what is making them look so akward when the tape is off...
Old 03-22-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
You had them assess her behavior as well, didn't you? How did that go?

well you can see in the pictures that I trust my dog with my son on the floor. of course I still watch them like a hawk and I will probably untill my son is probably in his teen years, lol. But that could NOT happen 72 hours ago! Now she wouldnt dream of putting her teeth on us... yes she slips up once in a while but we have just started working on this tuesday night, so I know she cant be perfect yet.

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 03-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by showpug View Post
I wish I could show you in one of your pictures, but you have part of the ear, towards the base folded in the wrong direction which is probably what is making them look so akward when the tape is off...
Do you mean the spot where I highlighted? I would think that is what's causing the wonkyness too, but then, I don't have a cropped breed.

U-CD Can. CH. Shay CD CGN HIC
UKC/Can. CH. Trouble and Can. CH. Skye
... youngsters Jesse, Tally, and Constantine
AND 9 little baby Tervs!