Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 03-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsarebetter View Post
but even if a pitt is on leash, i will not bring Ruckus over.
To bad you don't live a little closer.....Sal would change your mind on that policy!

Sal would wash Ruckus' face thats it.

As far as loose strays....I don't allow my dogs around strays of any breed.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:32 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

with a responsible dog owner like you, i am sure i would feel alright letting Ruckus and one of your dogs play. but the pitt owners here are nuts!!! ha, i just will not even go into that.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
you may call me small minded, but i dont let Ruckus play with pitts.
we have strays that come in our yard, i will not even take him outside if there is a pitt anywhere around. there is no human attatched, i know noting of this stray pitt, no sense in ever risking it.

How do you know it's a pit bull? Considering the term "pit bull" is a generic one & implies to anything that is between 30 & 130 lbs, muscular, & whatever other characteristics it contains to make someone want to call it a "pit bull."

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I just am always amazed that everything out there is a "pit bull." Even Chihuahua puppies were labeled as "vicious pit bull puppies" at a shelter once.

And I wouldn't bring my dogs outside either if a stray dog was in my yard. I'd call AC to come get the dang thing.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
i actually dont let Ruckus near a dog thats not attacthed to a human either.
but even if a pitt is on leash, i will not bring Ruckus over.

And as an owner of American Pit Bull Terriers that are dog aggressive & don't like to be approached by some dog pulling it's owner over in an effort to "play", we thank you.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Dafuq?

Agree. Its one thing when people ask first, but irritating and potentially dangerous when they just let them run over.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 03-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

I agree Miakoda!

An all accounts! LOL

rabbitsarebetter- I thank you as well! I dont' care if dogs are on leash or not, my dogs DO NOT interact with ANY strange dogs period. I must reiterate is has nothing to do with my dogs temperment, rather I'm more scared of yours!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamutt99 View Post
Agree. Its one thing when people ask first, but irritating and potentially dangerous when they just let them run over.

I agree.

And I apologize if my statement came out sounding really rude as it wasn't intended that way. I meant what I said, but I just happened to be really pissed off about something completely different when I wrote it so it might've come out sounding a little bit harsh.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:37 PM
lurking near the surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Even Chihuahua puppies were labeled as "vicious pit bull puppies" at a shelter once..
and what kind of crack where the staff smoking?? have they never been around dogs! yikes!

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal" [Proverbs 12:10]
Old 03-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
To those who will never own a Pit or an Amstaff...you will never no the most pure love a K9 nine has to offer, that is my most humble opinion and yes I am very bias. I have been around a of dogs and I have never seen a more devoted and emotionally tuned in breed.

Its a Bully thing....you just wouldn't understand

also I have been around a lot of other breeds. One breed I was very close to...I owned three; They love you and would die for you but they don't have this super craving to be with humans... at least not in my experience. The human bond of a Pit is hard to explain and even harder to beat.

I have. I too have owned many breeds and the most devoted I have met thus far is the Doberman. I have many friends with bully breeds, including APBT's and these dogs are nice, but, not as loyal as the Dobe's I've owned and known. I think everyone who has been owned by a dog can be a little bias, but, to out and out tell people that this is the way it is is not fair. Actually some of the APBT's and other bully breeds I have known are just as happy to leave their owner as they are to stay. I also found it fascinating years ago (many years ago) before the AKC breed book was redone it mentioned that APBT's and other bully breeds are the easiest breeds to rehome as they don't get as attached to their owners as other breeds. They love their owners yes, but, unlike other breeds that have a hard time adjusting to a new owners bully breeds don't. If you ever get a chance to get your hands on the old AKC book before it was revised it was quite fascinating. It also told of the aggression problems of each breed and why they were allowed to demonstrate aggressive behavior in the ring, and the breeds that had to wear muzzles in the ring...where now the dog would be excused.

As for dog aggression and APBT's, with the motor patterns they possess, and the behavioral conformation of a well bred APBT I would not trust them with other dogs. Of course, there are many mixed APBT's or ones that have been bred not holding the behavioral conformation true that are fine with other dogs. It all depends on the breeding and imprinting at the right time frame. To say all APBT's are dog aggressive is like my saying all Border Collies are wonderful sheep herders, I've met some border collies that imprinted on sheep to young or just didn't develop the proper behavioral conformation to be a good herd dog. Same goes with APBT's, not all are going to have the technique or enhanced behaviors to be true to what they had been bred for.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:14 PM
overdogged

i think badrap lays it out as well as possible so i'll just link it and leave it at that.

i do not ever leave my dogs together unattended. ever. i've never had a serious fight. i plan to keep it that way. luce and mushroom both have the propensity for dog-aggression with certain dogs. i don't know about the new guy yet- he hasn't shown any aggression at all, but that doesn't mean it's not there.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?