Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-21-2007, 08:29 AM
Love my pets

I'm keeping Hannah in my prayers that she gets better. I'm so sorry to hear what you're both going through. Kisses & gentle hugs to our little/big girl.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Top Dog

Prayers filed....
Old 03-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Top Dog

I'm sorry to hear about Hannah. I hope she gets well fast. Internet hugs your way!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Thoughts, hugs, and prayers to you and Hannah! I hope she will recover soon! So sorry to hear that
Old 03-21-2007, 09:32 AM
I run with scissors

Poor baby girl! Thank goodness you got her to the vet in time. Any update?

"The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master." -Ben Hur Lampman

I miss you every day, Charlie. You were my teacher, my playmate, and my best friend. Together, we did what we set out to do, and I am so proud of us for that.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Harumph™©®

Oh Shadow I am so sorry! Bloat is so frightening! I really hope she gets better fast and thank GOD you caught it.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:51 AM
*Biter*

Update on Hannah -

Hannah is now at her regular Vet. She did fine through the night and was able to walk out to us in the lobby at the E-clinic. She is doped up to manage pain, but was very responsive to us. She also managed to let EVERYONE know how unhappy she was with this whole situation. Her chart says that she was vocal - every hour on the hour, so apparently she voiced her displeasure all night.

Our regular vet seems to think she's got a great chance of a full recovery, but obviously only time will tell. He wants to make sure that everything is healing fine, that there is no infection and no leaking, and that she can start back on small amounts of food and water without complications before she comes home.

Here are some notes from her chart to give a little more in depth description of what occured:

Stomach was covered with omentum and spleen was displaced caudal. Initially decompression was performed with a 18 ga needle to slowly decompress stomach and reduce size to faciliate rotations of stomach to normal position. This allowed passage of stomach tube. Gastric lavage performed with warm water until effluent was clear. No hemorrhage noted in gastric effluent.

The stomach shrank to normal size and tone and did not appear to have significant loss of perfusion. Minimal hemorrhage in coelom.

Spleen was initially engorged or R side but slowly contracted to normal size.

Recovery was smooth and uneventful. ECG showed no PVC and was regular rate and rhythm post lidocaine.

Prognosis is guarded but short term is fair so far.
So, keep your prayers and good thoughts coming. She's doing better, but she's still not officially out of the woods yet.

Here are a couple of pictures we snapped at the vet...(Pardon my appearance. I'm exhausted)

Thanks again everyone for the thoughts and prayers. This little girl means the world to me and it's a wonderful feeling to know so many people are pulling for her.

Ditto - 2 year old APBT and Corvus - 7 year old supermutt
I need a signature re-vamp. Anyone up for the task?

Paws Jaws and Wrecking Balls
Old 03-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Harumph™©®

Oh poor baby! Thank heavens she is going to be ok. The really tough part is over and she WILL be ok. She can thank her attentive mommy for catching it in time! You probably could use some sleep right about now.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Felurian

You're an observant, smart DogMommy to have caught it in time! I think both of you deserve a long nap together today. I know you've cried and cried already, but now, at least, they are tears of relief.

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) to you both!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Top Dog

Dear,dear Hannah ......be strong girl and soon you will be back home with Shadow . Prayers for your healing and a thanks above that you were taken care of so quickly by you Mom !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/