Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Yum...

Yes, I am concerned for the Mika and kittens, Mika is my friend, so yes, I am concerned very deeply about her. The only things I have done for Mika is give her food in the morning and in the evening. I am very concerned about her though. And the kittens. Which for their new owners, I think I will type a "How to litter train your new kitten" page up for the new owners of the kitten, so then at least I will do something.. And a care page. I know that is not all there is to it, but... Its better than nothing.. I guess.

Thank you Christine!

A Dog is like an eternal Peter Pan,
a child who never
grows old and who therefore is always available to love and be loved
~Aaron Katcher~

"There aren't any bad dogs, there are only bad owners..." Off of the Movie Underdog
Old 03-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Ok, well, IF she is not getting spayed (at least not until after birth) and ends up having kittens, she needs a lot of things. She needs a place INDOORS to deliver, have towels, thermometers, scales, newspapers, hot water bottle, eyedropper, syringes, among other things ready (also a bottle and KMR if needed). You need to start their vaccinations and deworm them, take them for vet checkups after birth, be watchful and educated about illnesses and conditons such as eclampsia. And then she needs to be spayed.

Here are some links about birth, caring for queen and kittens, and more.

http://www.peteducation.com/article....&articleid=906

http://moggycat13.tripod.com/id85.html

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body...o_kittens.html

http://www.animalhealthchannel.com/felinepregnancy/

http://www.waterloowest.com/articles/breedingcats.html
Old 03-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Yum...

I wish I could do all of that. I don't think we will be doing all that.. unfortunatelly. She is going to be a barn cat.. I guess. She still runs off, she might be nursing other kittens? Cause there are lots of kittens being born.. If she is lactating, she might..

Thank you Christine!

a child who never
~Aaron Katcher~

"There aren't any bad dogs, there are only bad owners..." Off of the Movie Underdog
Old 03-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Top Dog

Mika might be looking for a place to have the kittens. If that's the case her instincts are taking over and she's not listening to you. You know she should be inside Spirit but just hauling her indoors won't do it. Mika has to feel that the place is right, warm, comfortable, safe.

If she's lactacting then she's probably close. Keep an eye on her, bring her in if you can. Would your mum throw Mika and the new babies back out the door if they just happened to be born say ... under your bed?

ETA: Under your bed is not a good idea if Hershey is in your room. She'll be looking for somewhere quiet.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

You haven't answered my questions. . .
Did you directly ask your mom if Mika can come in? What so far has your mom said about Mika?
And how's yor progress about making money to take care of the animals? Have you made flyers, called places, called around for low cost s/n? Mika needs to be spayed ASAP after these kittens if she's having them soon.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Pups View Post
You haven't answered my questions. . .
Did you directly ask your mom if Mika can come in? What so far has your mom said about Mika?
And how's yor progress about making money to take care of the animals? Have you made flyers, called places, called around for low cost s/n? Mika needs to be spayed ASAP after these kittens if she's having them soon.

Yes, I agree. Spirit I know you are trying to do everything you can for your animals, but I think you can do a little more. Don't assume your mother will not let them in. ASK. Have you asked if your Grandmother will take them in for now? Or maybe a freind?

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 03-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

^^ Agreed. Maybe the mom and kittens should go somewhere where they can get some proper care and supervision, at least temporarily.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Water Junkie

Yes, at least consider it, temporarily. Or if you have to, rehome her so she can be able to get proper vet care (spayed, shots ect.)

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 03-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Yum...

ug, my grandma wouldn't take them, and my sister wouldn't take them, eek.. And yes, I have asked her, I am not getting an answer, sorry Mom, I am not meaning to ignore you. And all my friends don't know how to take care of cat and kittens. ug, I think I might know where she is hiding them though, she is in the field somewhere, I think where they cut all the trees down, which has many places that she can hide them in. Which under my bed, its like a closing thing. And she would be in total darkness. And no air to breath. I am trying to figure out a way to get her to be in, I told her that it would be easier to get rid of the kittens if they weren't wild. And pretty much I am going to get a no from her, for Mika to come in. I can feel it, and I am asking her as much as possible, but of course she never listens to what I have to say.. Which irritates me severely. I even said a cage to keep her in! sheesh. (I would shut my room door though, and make the cage nice and comfy, so she can make herself nice and comfy. And keeping her in my room isn't enough either! I am going to go crazy over this. I wish I could do something, I may sneak her inside! Once she is close, and make a nice place for her and the kittens. I would think keeping her in my room, no contact with my mom or anyone would be enough, I would even move out Lucky, and Hunter, not be resenting them or anything. I don't know. I have asked. But she is not giving me answers..

Thank you Christine!

a child who never
~Aaron Katcher~

Old 03-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizmo View Post
Yes, at least consider it, temporarily. Or if you have to, rehome her so she can be able to get proper vet care (spayed, shots ect.)
I think that is a sad, but probably more fair to Mika. . .I know you're trying but what if Mika really needed a C-section? I very seriously doubt she would be able to get the proper care she needs. . .
As I've said before, it's different if your parents are just ging through a tough time financially, but it's entirely different to flat out refuse care, like a simple and neccessary spay.
Does Mika even have current shots?