Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Yum...

Default Mika keeps leaving the house... Its not like her...

Well, I have noticed Mika has been leaving, and when I say "Here kitty kitty kitty..." She doesn't come.. I am starting to wonder... She comes on her own watch. I don't know why, I know she is pregnant, but do pregnant cats do this often? And there is milk coming from her teats.. I haven't noticed she was pregnant, but... I don't know if it is like her to keep running off, and then coming back, after I call her a million times. I don't know. But what do you guys think? My mom said no to her coming inside to have the kittens, but I am about to just say, come in Mika. And she can stay in my room, I saw her this morning, but then she wasn't home when we got home.. When she wasn't pregnant she always waited for me, when we got off the bus. I don't know, I need cat pregnancy educated.. Ug, this stresses me out, her not staying at the house.. She usually does, but then again, she is probably looking for a place to have kittens?? I don't know.. I want to get her spayed.

Thank you Christine!

A Dog is like an eternal Peter Pan,
a child who never
grows old and who therefore is always available to love and be loved
~Aaron Katcher~

"There aren't any bad dogs, there are only bad owners..." Off of the Movie Underdog
Old 03-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Don't encourage me..

It sounds to me like she has already had the kittens if the milk is running! She may have them hidden somewhere outside. Follow her and I suspect you will find a nest with little kittles in there!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 03-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Yum...

maybe, do you suppose she is very far from my house? Because I just noticed her fatness. lol Because she has a very good hiding space for these little midgets if she has already had them. I walked around where she may have them hidden, but nothing.. Thats where she came from before.

Thank you Christine!

a child who never
~Aaron Katcher~

"There aren't any bad dogs, there are only bad owners..." Off of the Movie Underdog
Old 03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Don't encourage me..

Goodness only knows! LOL! They say that cats can travel up to 3 kilometers away from their house in every direction in a day. But I would suspect that if she has had the kittens they would be nearby.. Just so that she can come home to be fed. Check under bushes, neighbours yards... Places that are dry, windproof and quiet.

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 03-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Don't encourage me..

Oh and listen out for Meeewing!

Old 03-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Yum...

Oh my, I hope shes not at the neighbor's, they both have cats! And I hope she comes back, because they feed these cats too! Oh no, I really hope she comes back.. I listened for meewing, I heard nothing. Not even Mika's meow. Oh my I hope she comes back..

Thank you Christine!

a child who never
~Aaron Katcher~

Old 03-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Don't encourage me..

She will don't panic!

Old 03-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Top Dog

she may not have had them just because of the milk a lot of cats will start lactating a few days before the birth. Now if she sis have them, your mom said you can't bring her in? Can you get them all fixed? Because as I stated previously, If you don't you can have a HUGE cat feral colony in your back yard. i hope all goes well for Mika and you!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Yum...

eek, I hope there isn't a huge feral colony on our hands like you said Maxy! That would not be good.. She might bring them up when they can walk? I don't know. I am just stressing that she is not home now, and it is 7:00! I haven't seen her since 6:00 this morning, or so, 7:00 or so I mean. I saw her right before I boarded the bus. I hope she comes back soon.

Thank you Christine!

a child who never
~Aaron Katcher~

Old 03-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Did you directly ask your mom if Mika can come in?
I about fell out of my chair when I read she was pregnant and still allowed free to roam.
Have you tried to earn money yet? What have you done so far?
Even if it's too late to spay, and she has or will have kittens before you can spay her, you're going to need to do a ton of research and get a bunch of supplies to take care of her and kittens (and bring her inside). Your mom's in for a big surprise if she doesn't even want to spay. I'm really concerned for your cat and possible kittens.
How long has she been lactating?