Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

View Poll Results: how to choose pics...
get as many in as possible so no one is left out 13 43.33%
choose the best quality ones 14 46.67%
other 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
Wait what ??? What do you mean check with our local printing shops ??

What for ?? and what do you mean people buying them from shelters ??
Local print shops (often the local paper uses them) do other projects like calendars and brochures. It would be helpful if people made a call and found out how much it would cost. That way we could get a range of facts. I'd use ours but I don't like their work all the time.

I think the buying from shelters was in reference to having shelters (or other orgs) sell calendars as a fundraiser. My idea on this so far would be to order extra calendars and sell them to shelters at cost and have them mark them up at will. Or we could sell them ourselves and donate the funds to whatever organization. Just thoughts so far!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:29 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
One thing that would help is if people called their local printers and found out what they charged. I think it would be cheaper to go that way then to get one of the bigger online sites to do it. They charge quite a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
that still didnt answer my question ??

What does local printers have to do with anything..
It would be cheaper for people to check with the pricing of printing out the calendar at local shops vs. online sites as they tend to charge more. So, if we find a really cheap one, by say, Renee, we can use that one.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
One of the local rescue organizations here does a calendar every year. I'll see if I can't find out where they get theirs printed. Also, a good friend of mine puts out a local magazine and she got a great deal on the printing. She's a big fan of rescue (has two herself) and I know she'd let me know.
That would be very helpful thanks renee
Old 03-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Island dweller

OR if you have a calendar at your house just look at the back and see who the printer was. We can call from there and find out more.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Don't encourage me..

I have absolutely no idea where my local (or more than likely not so local) print shop is... Don't get much call for it up here on the mountain!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 03-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Island dweller

I had a couple more thoughts. One was that if we do this each year we could make sure that no one got printed two years in a row. That would open it up for some more people.

I had another thought too but it's left me.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
I had another thought too but it's left me.
Was it pudding?

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 03-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Island dweller

mmm pudding.

I talked to our sales rep and we do calendars every year for the school division. They actually look pretty nice but are only spot colour on the inside with the front as glossy. They order 7,000 and it cost them 6,000 BUT that's less than a $1 a calendar which would be a great profit at $20 a calendar. Obviously the more you order the cheaper it is and the less you order the more expensive but even with we paid $5 a calendar and sold them for $20 that would work.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:13 AM
MIiA

The calender is an awesome idea. I'd be prone to saying that quality over quantity is preferred. However, there's nothing saying we can't do two dogs per month or do a large photo with a couple of smaller photos inset for each month. For instance a large horizontal photo with two or three small verticle/horizontal shots inset along one edge might be a solution.

By the way, the photos that have been posted so far are great!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Who woulda thought <3

{link deleted by mod}

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF View Post
The calender is an awesome idea. I'd be prone to saying that quality over quantity is preferred. However, there's nothing saying we can't do two dogs per month or do a large photo with a couple of smaller photos inset for each month. For instance a large horizontal photo with two or three small verticle/horizontal shots inset along one edge might be a solution.

By the way, the photos that have been posted so far are great!
Thats what I was trying to say.....

Last edited by Buddy'sParents; 03-21-2007 at 11:24 AM.