Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

View Poll Results: how to choose pics...
get as many in as possible so no one is left out 13 43.33%
choose the best quality ones 14 46.67%
other 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2007, 05:14 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

There are some quality pictures there already, that would be lovely by themselves.

For some months, we could have more than one dog, but with a forum with 13k+ members and a couple hundred ACTIVE members, there are going to be dogs that are going to be left out.

What everyone should do is pick their favorite photo of their dog(s) and submit that photo. Don't just pick any photos or a multitude of photos, just pick ONE and submit that one.

You need to pick your photo carefully and be sure that it is available in high resolution.

There can be a fold out, or the cover (?) can be a collage of all photos.

I do like the idea of a fundraiser, however, Jess, I think it was, brought up a good point in that we all live in separate areas.

Do some searching in your local area and see how much it is to print out a calendar, this may be the cheaper option compared to a printing company.

I agree with Saje, quality should be over quantity.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Top Dog

Did I miss something before about making a calendar?

I like choosing the best quality photos, mainly because I am a photographer and intend to make a career out of it. I also think this is the best idea if you were intended to make a fundraiser out of it. It may mean a lot to the members of chaz to have all the dogs on it, but the people buying them from shelters wouldn't know the dogs, so they would want a calendar with good quality pictures.

I also like the idea of including everyone. Only I am afraid with soo many members it is going to be extremely difficult, some people are going to have to be left out unless you want the pictures of the dogs really small.

I like the idea of having good quality pictures on the calendar pages and having a fold out or some kind of collage including everyone else.

I also like having spay/neuter and rescue quotes and stuff on it. Do you also intend to put the name of the dog and photographer who took the picture on the calendar?

Old 03-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Wait what ??? What do you mean check with our local printing shops ??

What for ?? and what do you mean people buying them from shelters ??
Old 03-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Felurian

One of the local rescue organizations here does a calendar every year. I'll see if I can't find out where they get theirs printed. Also, a good friend of mine puts out a local magazine and she got a great deal on the printing. She's a big fan of rescue (has two herself) and I know she'd let me know.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Top Dog

So do I just send my pic to you Saje? I haven't picked it out yet because its hard to choose a fave.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:24 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess2416 View Post
Wait what ??? What do you mean check with our local printing shops ??

What for ?? and what do you mean people buying them from shelters ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje View Post
One thing that would help is if people called their local printers and found out what they charged. I think it would be cheaper to go that way then to get one of the bigger online sites to do it. They charge quite a bit.
As for buying from shelters, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Who woulda thought <3

that still didnt answer my question ??

What does local printers have to do with anything..

as for the other refer to Zoe's post
Old 03-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

I agree with limiting to 1 pic per person, as there is just way too many members for people to be entering loads