Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 03-18-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm PAWMAZING!

Default dog food question

Ok so when I got Maya she was eating Purina dog food and I didnt want to switch her right away because I wanted her to get used to us and be comfortable around us before upsetting her again... so I waited untill after she had her ears done and the vet recommened IVET dog food.

here is the link to the specific food that I am feeding Maya... tell me what you think...

http://www.ivetfoods.com/large_puppy.html

I dont live close to any big petstores so it's either Wal-mart or this IVET that I can buy at the vets office.

Did you know that it is a sin, Immorality lies within- September

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 03-19-2007, 12:35 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

There are some bigger, high quality stores that will ship food, some for free. I highly suggest some research. Good luck.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Ingredient List
Chicken Meal, Brewers Rice, Oatmeal, Canola Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, source of Vitamin E), Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed), Flaxseed (source of natural omega-3 fatty acids), Fish Meal (source of natural DHA), Dried Egg Product, Dried Brewers Yeast, Natural Flavor, Lecithin, Yucca Schidigera, DL-methionine, Minerals (Potassium Chloride, Salt, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite), Beta-Carotene, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (a source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (a source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Rosemary Extract.
I dont really like it, there is very little animal protien in it, which is very important for a carnivore.
The beet pulp sets off a red flag as well.
Controversial ingredient, could be the cause of yeast infections.. could cause liver and kidney stress and so on, i would much rather avoid it.

Brewers rice as well is a red flag for me. I feel its a low quality grain.

What other foods are available to you?
Solid Gold, Timberwolf Orgainics, Orijen, Wellness ( not one of my favorites but its not half bad)???
Cause there is definately better foods out there.