Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Happy

Default I get to ride again!!!!

I'm dying to gloat. My lessons start next week, and I'm so excited. I haven't been on a horse this year (yow, I just realized that) which is the longest break I've taken in the last 3 years. I went to drop the check off last week and I just breathed in horse smell.

btw, has anyone taken a riding vacation? That was my original reason for taking lessons - to prepare for one of those vacations where you ride across Ireland or Italy or whatever. Then I got sucked in and used all my money for lessons
Old 03-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Top Dog

Woo-hoo! Not to brag, but I just had my hand to my face and was thinking, "God, I stink like a horse" . I'm so glad you get to start riding again!

I've never taken one of the riding vacations - I'd be too worried about leaving my horse for that long . But I bet they are a blast! I've always thought it would be cool to do one in Australia.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Top Dog

YAY thats great!!! I would love to go on a riding holiday too!!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Top Dog

I'm so happy you get to ride again! I haven't taken a riding vacation abroad or anything, but for the past few years I've taken my horse to this place in the mountains of Pennsylvania and you stay in a cabin and they feed you 3 meals a day and have a pool and a hot tub and all sorts of activities. You ride out of camp each morning and return sometime that day--it is Soooo much fun!
--oh and BostonBanker---I made it to Australia last year--didn't get to do any riding (except a brief stint on a camel--but thats another story...)Its a really neat place!--I did get to explore a tack shop though and talk to some people about how they get hay and keep horses in the outback and how much it costs, so it was pretty cool.