Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 03-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Top Dog

Question Where do you buy your dog food?

Where do you buy your dog food and what kind? Right now I buy Nutro at PetSmart and I know that isnt the best kind, but it is the best I can find in town. Where do you buy foods like Canidae and stuff?

Old 03-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Top Dog

Right now I am feeding Timberwolf Organics and purchase it online @ www.timberwolforganics.com. The shipping is free so it is very convenient.

Or I could drive 2 miles and have access to all the other brands at an independant retailer near me. They carry EVERYTHING!

All the different food sites have store locaters, so if you want to find a different brand near you, it's pretty easy to do.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Puppy Dog

I buy my dog food (Eagle Pack Holistic and Timberwolf Organics) at a small pet supply store about a mile from my house. The better foods are also sometimes available at feed n seed (farmer supply stores).

If I was limited to Petsmart, I would buy Blue Buffalo.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Rusty but Trusty

I shop at Pet Supplies Plus. I buy Timberwolf organics dakota bison and wilderness elk for our bernese mountain dog and I buy Canidae for our lab and collie. Try checking the websites of the foods to find out if they sell them near you. If they do it's always a good idea to call and see exactly what they have. I've went into a store a couple times that do sell some of the food products but not the one I am looking for.

naturapet.com is for innova products, eaglepack.com is for eagle pack, and canidae.com is for canidae products. Go to store locator and see if there are any places close to you. Timberwolf does ship for free like showpug mentioned and I love the food but they do tend to be a bit expensive but so is Nutro IMO.

Cool, I just noticed Innova changed their website too! That's so awesome!

Last edited by juliefurry; 03-07-2007 at 02:50 AM. Reason: had to add something
Old 03-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Ruled by a RED boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showpug View Post
Right now I am feeding Timberwolf Organics and purchase it online @ www.timberwolforganics.com. The shipping is free so it is very convenient.

Or I could drive 2 miles and have access to all the other brands at an independant retailer near me. They carry EVERYTHING!

All the different food sites have store locaters, so if you want to find a different brand near you, it's pretty easy to do.
I do the same as showpug! My local pet supply stores don't carry TWO yet!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Top Dog

We have several small, independent pet stores locally that, between them, sell just about any quality food you could hope to find. And yes, our local feed store also sells the Innova products.

I just ordered the sample pack of TWO to try; it is not sold anywhere in Vermont right now, but with the free shipping, I thought it may be worth rotating with the Innova.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Top Dog

As already mentioned, I use Pet Supplies Plus. However, they don't carry Innova EVO RF, so I ordered it on http://www.petfooddirect.com

Enter GEICO for a coupon code and you get 20% off your order.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Twin 2.0

There's an independent grooming shop about 5 miles from me that carries the Innova I buy. If I want anything else it's 20 miles to the only store around that carries a wide variety of holistic food.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Who woulda thought <3

I get EVO from a local health food store
Old 03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm All Ears

Local feed store down the road.