Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 05-04-2005, 01:10 AM
Big Dog

I thought you decided on a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Fandogg. Changing your mind?

Yunalesca's Page:
www.catster.com/?136901
Old 05-04-2005, 01:22 AM
Puppy Dog

Why is that I haven't seen any huskies in those competitions?? Like the Eukanuba tournament, or is it that i just missed it? My mom watches it with me and she also say why isn't husky participating in these events?( my mom just love huskies and so do i )
Old 05-04-2005, 01:26 AM
Top Dog

I don't know. I've only seen competition here in IN.....never seen a Husky. Maybe it's too hot and stressful for them. They have to enjoy what they're doing.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:44 AM
Quigleyfied

papillions do really great in obedience. i know, they are just little dogs, but don't underestimate them.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 05-04-2005, 06:46 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnypup
Not coming up with "best" but some of the list were weimeraner, border collie, aussie, lab, shelties,spaniels and westies . sorry,that doesn't narrow it down does it. The one site said almost any dog can compete and be excellent at obediance. If you are going for a spacific type like herding or hunting the obvious choices are borders and labs respectively. Sorry not much help.
hmmm spaniels and westies LOL They must have not dealt with my two girls! Sadie couldn't find her way out of a paperbag, God love her! and Nora has a mind of her own.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
p.s. I thought you were interested in agility !? It takes the right dog, the right trainer and handler to do well in anything. You cannot pick a breed and expect top ribbons. Wouldn't you just rather have a great dog you love and who loves you and just have fun ???

I second that bubba.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky626
Why is that I haven't seen any huskies in those competitions?? Like the Eukanuba tournament, or is it that i just missed it? My mom watches it with me and she also say why isn't husky participating in these events?( my mom just love huskies and so do i )

The Euk tournament is edited. (The one on New Years Day) If you look closely, there are a lot of dogs in each group, only a few are shown on TV. It's why I've stopped watching it.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Top Dog

On an intelligence study I saw, the top 10 for picking up new commands the quickest (with the fewest repititions) and learning new words the quickest were, if I remember correctly:

1)Border Collie
2)Poodle
3) GSD
4)Golden Retriever
5)Doberman Pinscher
6)Sheltie
7)Lab
8)Rottweiler
9)Australian Cattle Dog (I think...?) (#8&9 might be reversed)
10)Papillon

However, I don't know just how much stock to put into some of these studies. Dog DO learn in different ways and so if they're asking for something from a dog in just one way, others may not respond as well to that type of direction. Plus, if you're wanting to do agility, say....there are some which are built better for that.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Felurian

Fandogg's got plenty of time to explore his options and decide on what kind of dog he wants to look for. I think these discussions are interesting and they probably are a good source of information for other people who are thinking about different dog breeds.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Puppy Dog

Yeah...I think I'm beginning to come around and jumping back on the Border Collie wagon. For all the stuff I want to do they are simply the best. I wish that they were a little less animal aggressive and more affectionate but no breed is perfect. The Border Collie is **** near perfect for the kind of stuff that I want to do.