Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:03 PM
CASSA

Great post red please if you see me at a UKC show in NY, MI, Oh or Canada pls say hi I have Central Asian SHepherd dogs .
It would be a honor to talk breeding with you.

You are NOT judged by your mistakes but how you correct them...
~ unknown
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 03-06-2007, 02:08 PM
ĜȫƝ ₩īĿ

Default Hummm

Quote:
So keep a check on the OFA site in a couple years. You can enjoy with me as results come in and are posted on the puppies that result.
Penny's a great dog, I'm sure you have her in your best interest. Good Luck with what you choose. Melissa.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:25 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Don't patronize me, Melissa.

Pick one side of the fence or the other.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:41 PM
ĜȫƝ ₩īĿ

Default Hummm

What happened to Angel Chicken's post? Or was this thread a set up for yours truely?
Old 03-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Are you dead yet?

First of all, pardon my ignorance, but what effect does DJD have on the dog? It isn't like hip dysplasia, so what is it? Arthritis? At what age does it begin to take its toll on the dog?

Back OT . . . I think that those who don't breed have some sort of misconception as to what actually goes into a breeding. Wouldn't it be lovely if the breed was populated with perfect dogs? Anyone could breed whatever they want without having to weigh the risks and benefits? If a breed without heritable health or temperament problems exists, please let me know because I want to breed THOSE dogs!

Stop looking at this from a buyer's perspective and look at it from a breeder's perspective. Did you know that the average "lifespan" for a breeder is 6 years? That's usually after a few litters, and after people realize that they cannot produce perfection, which buyers insist on.

A practice of working through certain problems while preserving and improving on positive effects on the breed is MUCH better for the breed than a policy of automatic exclusion. There are many dogs with faults that should not be excluded from the gene pool because they posess outstanding qualities that define the breed and need to be passed on. It is up to the breeder to choose whether or not their focus is to be on the individuals or the breed as a whole. If it's on the individual, the goal being not to produce "perfect" dogs without any problems whatsoever, the gene pool will suffer. If it's on the breed as a whole, some affected dogs will undoubtedly be produced. That is how it goes.

So, what matters more? The breed or a litter? Redyre knows her breed and she knows Penny's virtues and flaws. I trust that she will choose a mate for Penny that compliments her and is not affected with DJD.

And, since I can see this coming: No, I am not saying that dogs with hip dysplasia or more serious, crippling afflictions should be bred. Don't twist this post out of context please.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Top Dog

DJD is Elbow dysplasia. Penny's recent relatives have it, all within the last couple of generations. If breeding to a dog with excellent elbows, then why have I heard you would consider breeding any of Penny's progeny to Shaka? Another dog with DJD?

But to each their own. JMO, why breed a dog with DJD when there is another one just as good without it? And there are PLENTY. Anyone that wants to do the research can find out for themselves.

And yes, with ANY breeding there can be problems. But why increase your chances? The purpose in health testing is to not only see what you have as a tool, but to avoid dogs that have health problems. Eh, maybe my standards are to high for some.

And just to clarify, I have many friends that are responsible Rottweiler breeders that wouldn't breed a dog with DJD. More than I can count on all my fingers and toes.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:00 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Heard heard heard.

Like I have said NUMEROUS TIMES.

You are not interested in a puppy from my bitch. SO might I suggest you keep your nose focused on your own business.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers View Post
Heard heard heard.

Like I have said NUMEROUS TIMES.

You are not interested in a puppy from my bitch. SO might I suggest you keep your nose focused on your own business.

Oh now......careful, your nasty side that gets you banned from many forums is starting to come out. Tsk tsk.........

BTW, MY business is rescuing Rottweilers. Therefore your breeding becomes MY business.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:19 PM
and Spy.

Yikes, this is looking rather nasty...

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
Yikes, this is looking rather nasty...

~Tucker
Not my intention at all. I am simply VERY interested in the health, temperament, and type of Rottweilers.

Thanks Steveinski!
Closed Thread