Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Top Dog

Worms can cause bloated bellies in puppies, but it's less common in adult dogs. If her abdomen is distended and she has full teats I would say she probably is. Either way, wouldn't she be better off at a no kill shelter than roaming the streets eating leftovers regardless?

I hope it all works out. Keep us posted...
Old 03-07-2007, 03:07 PM
We are Home.

As soon as i call Sarah ill set it up. I couldnt get a hold of the HS around here. As Sarah can prolly back up they rarely are taking new dogs at the one in my area because we have a overflow of dogs and right now they are at the verge of shutting down if they dont adopt some animals out. We dont even havea actual sheltar in my county. And she is getting dog food. I took a bunch of Walkers food down there its not the best in the world but its all i can afford right now.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 03-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Love my Labs

I can't promise anything as we usually don't take in pregnant dogs. We only have 5 or 6 foster homes for dogs and none of them foster puppies except for my family, but we generally can't have adult dogs here because Mandy is dog aggressive. It depends on the temperment of the other dog though but if she's protective of her puppies at all then it might cause problems here in my house. But I'll watch out for your call so I can talk to you more about her and then I'll talk to the foster director to see if there's anything we can do to get her into our program. Maybe if not us then Big Dog Rescue might be able to. The shelter I know will take her but they will charge you unless if you leave her in the drop boxes at night. But of course they do euthanize so who knows if she'd have a chance there, and she probably wouldn't get any vet care. I don't know much about your humane society except for them being on the news a couple months ago about being really low on funds and maybe having to shut down like you said. Anyways I hope I can get something figured out for her.

Nova - Simply Outta This World, RN, CGC
Buck - Nova's Buck Naked, CGC (2 RN legs, 1 NJ leg)
Mandy
Luka (1 NJ leg)

Our photo gallery
Leon County Humane Society
Old 03-08-2007, 08:49 AM
We are Home.

Ill call you tonight i passed out as soon as i got home last night. Thats what your HS told me too. I cant find teh number for Big Dog i thought of them at first but shes only about 40-50 lbs would they take her? There are alot of strays around this area lately. Dou you volunteer at your HS during the mornings during the week??? Because i could have sworn when i went to yalls office there was a young girl named Sarah there LOL. but i was with school so i didnt talk much.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Love my Labs

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
Ill call you tonight i passed out as soon as i got home last night. Thats what your HS told me too. I cant find teh number for Big Dog i thought of them at first but shes only about 40-50 lbs would they take her? There are alot of strays around this area lately. Dou you volunteer at your HS during the mornings during the week??? Because i could have sworn when i went to yalls office there was a young girl named Sarah there LOL. but i was with school so i didnt talk much.
Big Dog actually takes in dogs of all sizes. They had a pregnant dog this time last year and she was only about 25 lbs but had a huge litter. Here is their website: http://www.bigdogrescue.com/. I'm not sure if their phone number is on there.

I asked our foster director today about pregnant dogs and she said that our only foster parent who did them had a house fire last year and she wasn't sure if she still wasn't living at home. She hasn't talked to them in a while. I didn't tell her about the dog since I hadn't heard from you but I just asked her and she went off into this whole other story so I didn't mention anything lol.

When did you come by? I work there sometimes during the week, usually on Tuesdays and Fridays but sometimes I work other days as well. I'm a backup employee but we're short on staff right now so I've been working a few days a week.

Nova - Simply Outta This World, RN, CGC
Buck - Nova's Buck Naked, CGC (2 RN legs, 1 NJ leg)
Mandy
Luka (1 NJ leg)

Our photo gallery
Leon County Humane Society
Old 03-08-2007, 03:38 PM
We are Home.

Oh it was last month sometime. It jsut made me think of it. THANK YOU i will get intouch with Big Dog. I thought they only took Big Dogs LOL i never actually knew much about them.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:19 AM
We are Home.

Sarah can you PM me your number i seem to have lost it what else is new LOL.