Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 03-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Default anybody else's dog have runny stools on Nature's Variety frozen raw?

When I first got Ele we were feeding her the Nature's variety raw instincts kibble and a frozen raw patty made by nature's menu and her stool was great. Well just recently I ran out of the nature's menu patties and bought some of the nature's variety chubs to give to Ele. Since she started on the Nature's Variety brand frozen raw her poop is very watery and she goes quite often, she has been getting up in the middle of the night to go poop which she never did before. Now I am going to try tomorrow to not feed the frozen raw and see how she does. Me and Mark are flirting with the idea of feeding Hannah, and maybe Ele, a raw diet but aren't sure yet but I'm worried Ele won't tolerate the raw because of her reactions to the nature's variety. I thought that the raw stuff like that would be easier for the dogs to digest (or is it just the same as "regular" raw)? We're either going to feed Hannah and Ele raw or Canidae.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Top Dog

I've been rotating Meg back and forth between the Nature's Variety (chubs, I guess. Are those the meatball-like ones?) and the Primal. No problems at all, but I have yet to find anything that bothers Meg's iron digestive tract.

Boy, your girls all have quite the sensitive tummies, huh? Poor you!

Old 03-04-2007, 12:32 PM
But please, call me Barb

Dante did not do as well on the Nature's Variety raw as he does on Columbia Natural or Primal.
Just like kibble, not all dogs do well on all prepared raw.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Top Dog

I never had trouble with the Nature's Variety raw, but my dogs are generally iron guts.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Active Pup

I never had any probs either infact, I think the stools were better on the NV raw.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:24 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

It may be too rich? There's more in their raw than just plain meat, yano.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Naturally Natural

juliefurry - don't take this the wrong way, but you have a ton of trouble with your dogs stomachs - maybe you are changing up their food TOO much? i feel like every time i read a thread one of the dogs is eating something new! all the change isn't going to sit well with some dogs.

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 03-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberkim View Post
juliefurry - don't take this the wrong way, but you have a ton of trouble with your dogs stomachs - maybe you are changing up their food TOO much? i feel like every time i read a thread one of the dogs is eating something new! all the change isn't going to sit well with some dogs.
Yes, you may want to just get them on plain kibble for a few months and give their systems a break. Some dogs, especially puppies, are just more sensitive to different foods and too much variety can do more harm than good.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Thanks for the replies! I just don't understand why she would have trouble with one brand and not another. She was always really firm with the nature's menu. Her diet, besides the switch in raw patties, has not changed since we got her. I mean now we're switching her to canidae so she probably won't get anymore raw stuff. We'll see.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Puppy Dog

Just a thought but I feed the NV frozen raw patties. The lamb goes over very well. When I fed the venison, it caused big-time runny stools. So it's venison no more!