Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 03-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

Default OMG! I can't believe this! an email i got from the breeder

WOW! I just got a really bitchy letter from Maya's breeder regarding a review I wrote about her.
In the review I basically stated that when I asked if she had any older pups she said no just three 9 week old puppies and then I googled her name and found out that she had an 18 month old dog for sale as well. and that I was having trouble getting her to call me back when I had a question.
Also she states that I asked about a female puppy (Which i did not), also I never directly called her a liar, I said that things sounded a bit fishy to me.

I also made a comment about that I had not recieve the AKC papers at that time (I have them now)

well here is her e-mail:

I am not real sure what this is all about. I did try to call you back, you did not answer. Maybe instead of putting this on this sight, maybe you could call me and question me about it. She was the only pup left in her litter. Maybe you didnt notice the age difference in the pups!!!! You said you wanted a female, so why would I show you the three males that were left????? Those three males are from a different litter. I dont appreciate being called a liar!!!! As far as the AKC papers you could have called me and asked about them instead of putting this snotty **** on a website. I dont appreciate people who do business like this. I try very hard to be honest and open with all buyers or prospective buyers, I treat people like I would want to be treated! A phone call would have been appreciated instead of this!!!!!!! You should have your papers by now.

Did you know that it is a sin, Immorality lies within- September

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 03-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Island dweller

Hm. I don't know the whole story behind this. Are you sure the ad for the older pup was a current one?

I don't know what to say. I can see both of your points of view right now but if she's been ignoring you and all weird. Well, she's not worth it!
Old 03-02-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

well.. considering that a few days after I bought Maya her add was removed from the site and the 18 month old's add is still there... I would assume it is current.

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 03-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

I can see both of your sides ....I do think in this case a phone call would have been better than bad mouthing her on line . After all , you did specify a female puppy ......

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 03-02-2007, 05:07 PM
RedyreRottweilers

It is always better to take your discussion straight to the source. Online reviews and talking behind people's backs (like on this forum) are bad ways to conduct doggy business.

It generates hard feelings, other people read this stuff and spread it around, and word gets around fast.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

Agree with posts. If you thought enough about her, her reputation and her dogs inititally, to actually buy one, then it's always best to try to stay on good terms and work out any concerns privately. You can do a great deal of damage to someone's breeding business by publicly accusing them of being dishonest. You never know when you might need her help, cooperation or advice someday. Any way to mend this??
Old 03-02-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

i DID try and contact her after I bought the puppy... she never returned my calls. She says she did but It never came up on my caller ID or anything.

Also I had never asked for a female puppy. I didnt care what gender of dog i got.

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 03-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Island dweller

That's unfortunate. She doesn't sound like a responsible breeder at all. I still think it's best to keep issues like that off of sites. It comes across as petty and no matter what you will have a connection with her through your baby!
Old 03-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Naturally Natural

I think it's best not to buy your pup off a dog-dealing website, period. It doesn't sound like she is responsible and I wouldn't work hard to salvage her relationship. How many litters of puppies does she have at once, anyway?

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 03-02-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

i dont know... she made it sound to me that she only had two adult Dobermans... so I dont see how she could have two litters of puppies within 9 weeks of eachother. it just doesnt add up.

I am a "Female Dog"