Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 02-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Puppy Dog

Default looking for a puppy in mass

I'm looking for either
a pom
a chihuahua or
a yorkie.. in mass or southern NH near salem or as south as mid cape.. anyone know any breeders? I don't trust shipping and I need to see the place where my puppy stayed... Anyone know anyone? And also it would be preferable that the puppy won't be old enough until June-ish.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:47 PM
treehugging clicker freak

www.petfinder.com has lots of puppies

IME, the breeds that you've shown interest in, while comparable in size, have very different personalities / temperaments. Perhaps if you narrowed it down, or told us a little about your current lifestyle we can make suggestions for you that will fit well

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 02-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Puppy Dog

Thanks I hope I find one!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Puppy Dog

Well I'm just looking for a little companion.. I have a lot of free time and have always loved animals. I would love one that has an outgoing personality.. Today I was playing with these two dogs a pom and yorkie and the yorkie was kinda shy but I loved how the pom sat there in front of me looking up like he was saying look how pretty I am come pet me! Thats the kind of thing I'm looking for.. I was suprised by the shyness of the yorkie I have talked to other yorkie owners and many have said that they are very outgoing.. Any ideas from that?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Puppy Dog

I looked on petfinder and I couldnt find what I was looking for. I would also prefer a breeder because I would like to know about the dogs history and things like that. My neighbor used to be a trainer but now she is retired and has two border collies and she went through a great breeder and had the best experience with that breeder. They were gorgous show quality.. I was lucky enough that me and my sister were allowed to take them into a show when they were a year old. Thats the kind of experience I hope to get with a breeder. (Without the show part.)
Old 02-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Twin 2.0

Look up each breed's parent breed club (like the ytca.com for Yorkies). They will have detailed info about each of those dogs, along with listings of breeders who comply with the Code of Ethics.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Puppy Dog

Thanks! I'll try that now
Old 02-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Puppy Dog

I'm so happy I found a breeder who might have a liter ready for May! Anyone heard of Teri Dinger? I wanna just check out to make sure she is okay and all.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4afurbaby View Post
I'm so happy I found a breeder who might have a liter ready for May! Anyone heard of Teri Dinger? I wanna just check out to make sure she is okay and all.
Where did you find this breeder? You find out if the breeder is good by asking questions and by seeing if the breeder asks you a lot of questions as well. Please read this before you select a breeder: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=787
Old 02-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Puppy Dog

I've gone over how to select a reputable breeder before.. I just want to know if anyones had any experience with her. I'e been looking for a good breeder since before thanksgiving not to mention the research about all the breeds before that. Right now I need a breeder referal..