Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-01-2005, 09:06 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default Quinton (sp?) is on the news

trying to raise awareness ..he is the dog that survived the gas chamber. The news says that Missouri (my state) is the number one puppy mill state in the world. He is the new poster dog for the save a dog campaign. This is the first time i have seen him and the man that took him in. I hope he raises a ton.of money...he is a nice looking dog..looks like he is having a good time with all the children too...it was a neat news piece. He was at the Barnes and Noble on the plaza...good people doing good works.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:36 PM
<--My 2 angels Odo & Odie

Oh My Gosh!! Gas chamber I haven't heard this story. Tell me more smkie you got my curiosity up big time.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:45 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

They said they opened up the gas chamber and this one year old medium sized brown dog was standing on a pile of dead dogs..unharmed, wagging his tail. The woman didn't have the heart to gas him again so she called this man and asked if he would come get him. He did, and since then he as been raising awareness for saving our unwanted animals and bringing in funds to help the overloaded shelters. He was named QUinton after the sam quinton prison (sorry if i spelled it wrong)...they said that most area shelters are no longer using gas and that is a good thing. They do not know how he survived, or why he was unaffected. He looked mighty happy to me as the children all reached to touch his pretty brown coat..i thought i would share the neat news clip. Wish i had a picture to share, will look for one.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Wow that is amazing what he survived what an amazing dog. He truly has a purpose.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 05-01-2005, 09:58 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I am suprised that you haven't heard of him..he was huge in the news when it originally happened. Since then he has toured. I have a poem in one of my books where a civil war soilder is shot and lying in the battle field and the battle is raging all around him...he turns his head to see a rabbit wild eyed with fear and reaches out to pull the rabbit to him..helping it hide from the danger and chaos...the poem says God saw this and covered the two with his hand protecting them..dang it i would just go get the poem but my bedroom has no electricity..i will post it tomorrow. When i first read this dog's story in the paper it made me think of this poem..and i wondered if the angels knew to help this one so he could stop this horror for all.It is a Miracle. The story was on Fox 4 news.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:05 PM

Oh God bless him..if you find a pic let me know.

I just found a very sad story on another forum. I never knew they gassed animals..i cried when i read it. I will post it to a new thread because i don't want to hijack yours. But please go read it....Me still crying!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 10:07 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

he is a pitbull mix..adopt and save a life campaign..Randy Grim is his owner and wrote a book A MIRACLE DOG. they repeated it on the 10 oclock news so i tried to write as fast as i could.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:11 PM

Thanks i will do a search for it.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
I am suprised that you haven't heard of him..he was huge in the news when it originally happened. Since then he has toured. I have a poem in one of my books where a civil war soilder is shot and lying in the battle field and the battle is raging all around him...he turns his head to see a rabbit wild eyed with fear and reaches out to pull the rabbit to him..helping it hide from the danger and chaos...the poem says God saw this and covered the two with his hand protecting them..dang it i would just go get the poem but my bedroom has no electricity..i will post it tomorrow. When i first read this dog's story in the paper it made me think of this poem..and i wondered if the angels knew to help this one so he could stop this horror for all.It is a Miracle. The story was on Fox 4 news.
Yes i would love to read the poem.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Felurian

Here are some links to his story, along with photos. He's called a Basenji mix, and that's what he really looks like in the photos. Maybe another case of a dog being identified as a Pit mix in the media when it's far from true . . .

http://www.strayrescue.org/quentin.html
http://www.animalliberationfront.com...iracle_dog.htm
Impressive - Dr. Jane Goodall wrote the forward!
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...uthanasia.html

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian