Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 02-23-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm PAWMAZING!

las time she went was about 5:30 yesterday and ys her poop was normal looking.

Will the yogurt give her diareah(sp) becuase that would be soo horrible to deal with (I will do it if it will help her though)

Also, I am feeding her what the breeder fed her (purina puppy chow) I know it is a bad choice but i didnt want to switch her when we first got her becuase she was already stressed enough leaving her family, and then we scheduled the ear cropping and I decided to switch her after she healed from surgery. anyways she gets about 2 coffee cups full two times a day (per advice from the vet)

Did you know that it is a sin, Immorality lies within- September

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 02-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Puppy Dog

your dog will be fine just different behaiver and he is probly just in pain and cant help him self
Old 02-23-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm PAWMAZING!

update... she finally pooped! It wasnt a whole lot and it seemed like she was having a bit of trouble but that might have been just me worrying about her.

Thanks you guys, for calming my nerves a bit

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 02-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

okay we just got back from the vet to get the bandages removed from her front legs... she was bleeding a bit from the stitches where her dewclaws used to be so the vet bandaged her legs back up and told me to bring her in monday and he would check them again.

he said her ears are looking great.

man is it terrible outside! It's hailing and they are HUGE.... I am kinda nervous to take Maya outside in this becuase if it hits her ears it is gonna hurt her.

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 02-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

One thing to think about with the pooping, if she is on pain medication, any sort of narcotic, it will slow down the digestive tract and can cause constipation in people and puppies alike. I wouldn't worry about it to much unless she is really straining in which case some canned pumpkin should loosen her up a bit.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

She isnt on any pain meds. She is doing just fine though. Pooping is normal again.

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 02-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Puppy Dog

Is she still running around like a chicken without a head? I have a dog (a beagle) and he when he gets to run around with out a leash (which isnt very often living in MA with the snow now) with go wild and change directions and stuff like that. It might just be her letting her energy out, thats whaty lucas does.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:24 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

no she isnt running around all crazy anymore (but that could be becuase we are having a terrible hail storm now and she just wants to go back inside)

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 02-24-2007, 08:23 AM
<--------Orson

The meds the Vet had to give her during the surgery could have thrown her pooh schedule out of whack, plus she didn't eat before surgery and not for sometime after. I am glad to hear it is back on track.

Orson was a sick little pup when he was little, he was saved from a horrible BYB. (long story for another time) He was about 15 weeks before he was well and strong enough to be cropped.(over the hill for most croppings) When I went and picked him up after the crop he was tired, and a little nervous about being there and he wanted to go home. When we actually got home he went bonkers, running here - there - and everywhere! He had to make sure nothing had changed while he was gone, he needed to check out every person in the house and let them know he was BACK BABY! LOL He settled back into his old routine after a few hours
This whole story is just to show you that it is probably very normal behavior and she was
just thrilled you didn't leave her there forever
Old 02-24-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm PAWMAZING!

thanks AC Cooper

She still isnt quite back on schedule with her pooping as normally she would poop within ten minutes of eating and last night she ate at about 6-6:30 and didnt poop untill midnight (her last outing of the night). But I am just gonna give her time. Everything else is normal, we are treating her like normal, feeding her like normal. I figure it will all fall into place within the next few days.

I am a "Female Dog"