Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 02-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Top Dog

nope she has not said anything else yet.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Top Dog

here's what she told me today, do you think she's close?

Well, I do believe she's getting close. There's been some clear discharge from her vulva the last few hours. The book I have on hand states that this is just the start of it all. It snowed here today so I took Shorty out for a walk. She loves the snow so much. She ran around in circles, played, lunged and growled at the snow. She tried to eat it as it fell from the sky. Didn't work out so well for her. LOL But, she's adorable and strong. I've been sitting with her for most of the day just in case. My luck, she'll go into labor in the middle of the night and I'll have a suprise or 2 in the morning.

I was worried there for awhile Saturday, though. I couldn't feel the puppies move. I know they have periods of rest and activity. About 5 p.m is when I felt movement and my heart lifted. Even Shorty "looked" worried. She would look at her tummy and whine at it. She's clamed down since they've moved around which is good. You could tell she was starting to stress. Of course she could've been picking up on my stress.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Water Junkie

Not sure,but sounds like she is in good hands

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 03-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Top Dog

she said the puppies have dropped down in her belly, she must be very close! I'm currently trying to convince her not to paper train (with pee pee pads) the momma puppy (yup she's gonna be a mommy and is not even potty trained herself). I am trying to convince her to crate train. Is it ok to crate train a pregnant dog? also can anyone find me a good article either written by someone on this forum or from somewhere else that explains why crate training is good for house breaking and why paper training is not nearly as effective? I did a search but there are so many articles and I don't feel like sorting through them all (I know I'm lazy ). Thanks!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Rusty but Trusty

well the mom can't be allowed to whelp in a crate, you'll need some place else for her to whelp. I find housebreaking easier with a crate than papers. With papers they get the mixed signal they can go inside in certain spots. I hope all goes well, still seems young for a dog to be pregnant though so I hope it all goes ok. I know our little collie's mom was only a year old when she had her puppies.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Top Dog

Has her temperature dropped yet ??

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 03-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Top Dog

Shorty had her puppies! There were three live and one stillborn. I'm not sure if she is completely finished yet though. I'm awaiting pics but will show you when she posts them.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Top Dog

Take her in tomorrow for a follow up shot in case there's another dead inside . Keep us posted !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 03-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Top Dog

It's called a spay/abort. And it should've been done.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
It's called a spay/abort. And it should've been done.
yes I agree. I told the owner to see if the vet would do it but the vet said she was too far along. This person rescued the dog from her abusive owner and she was already pregnant when she got her. I think it is horrible that the poor puppy had to give birth but there was nothing they could do at the point that she got her. The owner does plan on spaying once the pups are weaned.