Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Top Dog

What I was describing was with strangers. When owned by a Doberman, when living with a Doberman as family....forget it. They're so cotton pickin affectionate, they can become pests. They think they're lap dogs, have to be touching you with some body part when you're hanging out on the couch. They're disgustingly loyal. I have had several different breeds and never have had a more loyal, bonded relationship with any of them as I do with my Doberman. They're just soooooooo "into" their owners. Once that dog is adopted out and gets the stability of an every day home with someone who treats him gently, fairly and teaches him the rules, he'll be so grateful for being rescued. I've heard this time and time again on a Doberman forum....these rescue Dobes usually, unless they have some horrible problem and the person doesn't know how to deal with it....seem to show an inordinate supply of gratitude. So, they can be aloof with strangers but once bonded with their owner, they're inseperable. They can hardly stand to let you go in the bathroom without them. It's what they were bred for.....looking after their master and nothing else....not sheep, not cows. LOL.

I think with you, the once a week just in't enough to create that bond that you get when you live with a dog. It's fantastically generous of you to do what you're doing...don't get me wrong. I mean that he still doesn't have an every day home with someone....and that is the stability he needs. And a good owner who understands how dogs' minds work. Just be careful he doesn't get adopted out to some heavy handed macho moron who might be rough. These dogs are sensative, even though they need consistancy, rules and boundaries. It's how they are taught that matters.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

He looks pure to me, just not of the best breeding. He's so beautiful! I love natural dobes.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Corgi bum

What a sweetie....how sad though to be left in a crate for that amount of time!!! Cruel!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Top Dog

Looks like a purebred to me. We have a purebred Dobe in our rescue group right now with natural ears and tails, and they look almost identical, although Mico's tail looks a bit thicker - our rescue dobe has a skinnier tail - more Great-Dane-ish in appearance. And his back isn't as sloped at the end. But everything else, size, markings - they could be twins, if you didn't look at the back end. LOL.

Cheers,

Rosefern

Proud Trainer, Guardian, and Slave To:
Flicka CGC TT CD TDI NA
Pepe CGC TT CD NA CDX OA
Her Royal Highness Queen Lillian The Cat
Old 03-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Harumph™©®

You know Mutt, you are right. He looks less daunting au naturale. He looks to be a very healthy dog too. Nice coat.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Ruled by a RED boy!

If you picture him with cropped ears and a docked tail he looks like a pretty good specimen of the dobe breed to me
22 hours huh Hope that boy finds a loving home who will take him for lots and lots of walks He deserves it
Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Squishy face

Just a little update: Mico, the dobe being discussed in this thread, got an application for adoption this past weekend. The people are very nice and have experience with the doberman breed, so I think this home will work out nicely. If they application is approved (I'm quite sure it will be) and they are ready, Mico will go home next weekend!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
Just a little update: Mico, the dobe being discussed in this thread, got an application for adoption this past weekend. The people are very nice and have experience with the doberman breed, so I think this home will work out nicely. If they application is approved (I'm quite sure it will be) and they are ready, Mico will go home next weekend!
Oh, that's such great news!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:06 AM
aka RedHotBabe

He is adorable! I hope his potential home works out.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:57 AM
BusterLove

i dunno. i think he might be a tiny bit rottie. just because his head looks a bit more boxy. but i don't know a lot about dobes and i wouldn;t be surprised if he was a purebred BYB pup. but he's gorgeous