Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-20-2007, 07:58 PM
EVIL SHELTIES!!!!

i love the natural dobermens! he is definally a purebreed but extremely out of standard (just in my opinion of course)
Old 02-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Yum...

yep, he is purebred, he looks different, probably because of bad breeding, or you just haven't seen many "Natural Dobies" Which I know you know that there are. But, hes a cutie!! I think Dobies are cute with non-docked tails, and natural ears. Sure, a Hound Dobie!! (you know what I mean, right?)

Thank you Christine!

A Dog is like an eternal Peter Pan,
a child who never
grows old and who therefore is always available to love and be loved
~Aaron Katcher~

"There aren't any bad dogs, there are only bad owners..." Off of the Movie Underdog
Old 02-21-2007, 07:40 AM
Top Dog

I would say purebred but I am not a "Dobie" person.

One thing I would say is you keep him in nice shape, His coat looks great.

How old?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Top Dog

What a sweetheart !! Hope he finds a home soon !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 02-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Top Dog

Aw, he is so cute! And he looks like a purebred to me... but I'm also not a dobie person.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Squishy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer View Post
I would say purebred but I am not a "Dobie" person.

One thing I would say is you keep him in nice shape, His coat looks great.

How old?
I think his intake sheet says he's about 8 months, maybe a year. He's still a pup. You can't tell, but he's actually a little bit thin, but only a little. I'll let you know when he gets adopted!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Puppy Dog

He definitely looks purebred to me. I can't believe his previous owners kept him in a crate 22 hours a day! They should be charged with animal cruelty.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Puppy Dog

He's beautiful! And I wouldn't say he looks too thin...dobermans are very very lean dogs, and it's better to keep ANY dog on the lean side as opposed to "chunky." He definitely looks like a purebred to me, but I agree with the others about poor breeding. Someone will be lucky to have him!
Old 02-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Top Dog

Behind his last rib looks a little sunken in and it's hard to tell in the photo, but his back bone appears to be too pronounced. He looks like he could really use some muscle tone. Probably from being squished in a crate all that time, his muscles have atrophied. I bet with some good exercise and nutritious food, he'd get in much better condition. I don't think he looks terribly thin....maybe just a tad.

Dobermans are not suppose to be outgoing and friendly. They're usually not. Correct Doberman temperament is to be somewhat suspicious of strangers. So, if the cropping and docking causes people to be somewhat wary, that is a plus IMO. I wouldn't want someone running up to my Doberman, thinking he was a big, friendly, outgoing hound. It could be dangerous. They're a protection dog and are extremely observant and sensative about their environment. Cropped or uncropped, they're still Dobermans. Of course, they don't all adhere to the standard.

This dog may or may not be purebred. A purebred is only determined when there is a record of ancestory. He looks like he could well be purebred, but you'll never know for sure. It is inaccurate to say that he is definitely a purebred.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Squishy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Dobermans are not suppose to be outgoing and friendly. They're usually not. Correct Doberman temperament is to be somewhat suspicious of strangers. So, if the cropping and docking causes people to be somewhat wary, that is a plus IMO. I wouldn't want someone running up to my Doberman, thinking he was a big, friendly, outgoing hound. It could be dangerous. They're a protection dog and are extremely observant and sensative about their environment. Cropped or uncropped, they're still Dobermans. Of course, they don't all adhere to the standard.
We at the rescue shelter also have an older female Dobie (who's owners dumped her and a friend at the pound because they moved) and this describes her perfectly! When I take her out for a walk, she is always alert and watching everything. She never pays people much mind. That is one reason why it has been hard to adopt her out, people don't like that she doesn't pay attention to them. In fact, the only thing she does pay attention to is cats, and that's because she wants to eat them! I've been walking her for about a year now every Sunday and she doesn't even pay much attention to me. I felt very privileged when she favored me with a lick upon my cheek once.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!