Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Squishy face

Default Hey! Dobie people! Is he purebred?

This is a new Doberman (mix?) we got into rescue about two weeks ago. We are thinking that he's purebred. His ears and tail are natural. His people used to keep him in a crate for 22 hours a day and then he was dumped at the pound because the daughter moved and he was "the daughter's dog."

He's a real cutie. His name is mico. Here he is chasing a ball:

Mico is very intelligent, and he likes tennis balls! He seems a little unsure of other dogs, but that's probably due to being undersocialized.
So, what think? Mixed or purebred? You decide!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Are you dead yet?

Looks purebred to me, just probably not of the best breeding. He's a handsome dog!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:13 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

He doesn't look far off from the natural pures I've seen.
He is very gorgeous, I LOVE that tail! I prefer natural to anything else.

My Polyvore
Old 02-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Top Dog

He could be a purebred. His head is a little on the flat side on top and his croup, the area just above the tail and up to his back is slopping. Normally, the tail comes straight off the end of the back bone....pretty level. But like RD said, it could be poor breeding. Otherwise, he looks VERY Doberman and very cute. Congratulations on your new addition. Poor thing...being locked up like that so much. He is lucky to have a good, new home. I bet he's an extra sensative one. I just see it in his face. Gut feeling. LOL. He's adorable. Have fun with him.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Snow Girl

Looks pure to me too! Great dog!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 02-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Top Dog

He looks like he could be pure to me also, just poorly bred. He's a very handsome dog either way though.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 02-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Squishy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
He could be a purebred. His head is a little on the flat side on top and his croup, the area just above the tail and up to his back is slopping. Normally, the tail comes straight off the end of the back bone....pretty level. But like RD said, it could be poor breeding. Otherwise, he looks VERY Doberman and very cute. Congratulations on your new addition. Poor thing...being locked up like that so much. He is lucky to have a good, new home. I bet he's an extra sensative one. I just see it in his face. Gut feeling. LOL. He's adorable. Have fun with him.
Well, he doesn't have a home yet. But I'm sure he will soon. I forgot to mention that those pics were taken in the excercise pen at the rescue shelter. I'm sure he'll be adopted within the next couple of weeks. For some reason young dobes don't ever wait long.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 02-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Show Dog

Purebred or not. He's adorable!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Top Dog

Oh, I thought you had adopted him. If he's a nice boy, he should be adopted. He does look handsome and sweet. Let us know.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Dog Training Girl

Yes, I would say pure, but just BYB I have actually NEVER seen a Dobe with a natural tail, I have seen them with natural ears, but NEVER a natural, they look like nicer more friendly dogs with eveything natural IMO.