Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Yum...

Default Anybody know good Doberman breeders??

Well, I am curious of some good Dobie breeders. we are not planning to get one anytime soon. No worries there. I just want to know some good Dobie breeders, so that someday, I can own one. I have actually come to love the breed! I know all what they need, such as lots of socialization, and love of the family, people, lots of people time!! Hey, it never hurts to plan ahead of time, of what kind of dog you want! (since I do want a dog when I am out of the house! and going.) of course when Hershey's time passes, and I am over it, but I have him as of now. but, some good breeders in Indiana, that are good, that you guys know of? I have been researching this breed, but it never hurts to ask does it? Planning ahead is the first step, which I do know what I am going to do when I get out of school. But, I am just asking what are some good Doberman Pinscher breeders in Indiana? Thank you!

Thank you Christine!

A Dog is like an eternal Peter Pan,
a child who never
grows old and who therefore is always available to love and be loved
~Aaron Katcher~

"There aren't any bad dogs, there are only bad owners..." Off of the Movie Underdog
Old 02-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Top Dog

I don't know of any .... I'd check with the dobe breed club. Safest way .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 02-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Lord Cynical

Cambria Dobermans is in Holton, Indiana. Ronin's grandsire is a Cambria dog (Ch. Cambria's Cactus Cash). Their website is http://cambriadobes.com

There are several breeders in Illinois (my breeder included), also in Michigan.

Be prepared to shell out the big bucks for a dobe... and be prepared for a rigorous screening and interview process. Dobe people are usually intensely protective of therir dogs, and are very critical of where their puppies are going and how they will integrate into their new families. Dobes cannot be outside dogs, they *must* be part of the family - it's one of the most important factors of the breed.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 02-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Yum...

Would this breeder be pretty good?

http://www.anjelicdobes.com/index.htm

I saw her, and I was like, oh, she looks good, but, I think I need second opinions.

Thank you Christine!

a child who never
~Aaron Katcher~

"There aren't any bad dogs, there are only bad owners..." Off of the Movie Underdog
Old 02-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Are you dead yet?

Jim and Ann White are very nice people. I've not been in contact with anyone else in Indiana so I can't be much help.

I'd check out the DPCA Breeder Referrals.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Lord Cynical

Sprit - it looks like Anjelic is just starting out, more of a focus in UKC than AKC. In Dobes, I'd liek to see more of a focus on AKC conformation.

Dawn is their pro-handler, and she can finish practically anything out here, regardless of quality. Dawn is a great handler, she can make so-so dogs look awesome.

I don't really like the looks of their dogs - loooooong bodied, bad rears. I don't like the amount of "black" in their pedigrees either. If I was looking for a Doberman and Ilsa/Ronin's breeder wasn't around, I'd hold back on Anjelic and get a dog from a more established breeder.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 02-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Puppy Dog

Before considering the purchase of a Doberman, one should spend a lot of time on this resource
http://members.execulink.com/~korevaar/buyingguide.htm

The breeder you mentioned seems to be doing some things right. I'd like to see more effort in some areas.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Yum...

Alright, I will take Dobie owners advice. I am probably going to do lots of research. And I love Cambria's Dobies, they are gorgeous! And they look like great breeders! I will research everything more, of course I have a long time. So, there is a long time of researching the breed.

Thank you Christine!

a child who never
~Aaron Katcher~

Old 02-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Snow Girl

There''s absolutely nothing wrong with planning ahead I''m researching for getting my next pup which will be an LGD but who knows when I will actually get it Besides, there''s no such thing as knowing too much about one breed because its impossible to know everything LOL

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 06-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Active Pup

Default good doberman breeders in wash st

you can check out k and j desert dobermans they are in washington state they have some good dogs they are a small kennel .but have good quality dogs .they do have a website Home