Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-02-2005, 12:02 PM
~3 Mutts~

Geez...I'm staying out of that one....

Fran, I have two five month old pups, so, I know what you're talking about. When they are excited, they don't listen. It's like they've gone temporarily deaf....LOL. When I take them to work with me, they're fine, but, they do jump on my mom and my dad when they are here. My parents ignore them, but it doesn't help....

Anywho, in answer to your question, Yes, I do have people tell me how to train my dogs. It drives me crazy. My dogs listen to me quite well, and I don't need somebody who doesn't even know how to train a dog telling me I'm wrong.The people who tell me how I "should" be training my dogs, are people who have either never trained a dog before, or they gave up all their previous dogs, due to being badly trained. And, the worst part is, they're my family members, so I can't tell them to get lives and let me have mine back. It's rotten.

But, you sound like you're doing a good job with your boy. Keep up the good work, Fran!!
Old 05-02-2005, 12:12 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Victor this morning hopped on his hind feet from the front room to the kitchen..what we gonna do today Mom what we gonna do, what we gonna do to today.when we gonna go is it time is it time can we go now mom? he hopped just like that..too excited to even eat..he went to bed at 7 last night and slept for 12 hours (like im ever going to let that happen again)..some dogs are harder than others too...i have never had a dog, i mean kangaroo like this one. .four on the floor is a chant i repeat down down down down down and he does..for oh a milasecond..so technically he did what i said.. next year..i keep reminding myself he will be two. What i would give for the energy he has even in his little toe.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Top Dog

I've never had anyone tell me how to train my dogs, but I've gotten mad at some of my family members for how they train theirs. lol
For example: We were over at my Aunts house for Christmas. She as an adorable, brindle Great Dane named Tora. Well, Tora picked up a peice of wrapping paper off of the floor so my cousin (who is like, almost thirty) got it out of Tora's mouth (Tora had given it up quite willingly) and as soon as my cousin had the paper out of Tora's mouth, she said, "BAD dog, Tora! You don't eat paper!!! " I felt like saying, "You do relize you just scolded her for giving it to you, don't you?" but I kept my mouth shut.

Sometimes people's lack of knowing how to train dogs drives me nuts. lol
Old 05-02-2005, 07:01 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

she is like the man standing out there saying Onyx..your being bad..i told you not to do this..all the while she is figuring out how to chomp on Shaffer..people