Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Show Dog

Both breeds are nice. IMO the Dogo is more impressive. If I were to get one that would be the breed I would go for. Although with the breed ban in Ontario it would not be wise to do.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet molosser View Post
Here are some of the Corso I CGC years ago at the CB.
Please by all means tell me which one is American and which ones are Italian.
http://www.planetmolosser.com/galler...k.php?file=256

Then tell me who won under the Import Italian FCI judge?
I am not getting into the argument (cuz I don't know much) but just for fun I would say the Dog be held by the guy with the big beard is the "Italian" import.

Don't forget to tell me if I am wrong or not.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Show Dog

Sorry about the typeos but I went to some site note sure of the link. They put the wrong information saying they are the same breed just called 2 or 3 different names. They need to get there facts right I knew I was not going crazy. The Cane Corso is a little bigger and but they do kind of have the same look of the body. Face look the same but there is stil a difference.

mojozen yes they do like a big American bulldog lol, but when I saw an adult dogo I thought the female was a white Grate Dane but the male yes it was a nice muscular bulid.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Keeper of a Corso & Saint

Quote:
Okay how many have you seen? worked judged tested?

According to the over 10 Italian FCI judges I have hosted their today is NO longer a USA VS Italian breed type.

Really better? that is why the Italian Judges who come here put up US dogs over Italian exports.

Bandog does NOT apply period and any profile today that states "essential or otherwise" is INACCURATE..

Dogs are either bandogs AKA crossbreds or they are not NO in between.
This is accurate information... In the FCI there is no longer a difference between the US version and the Italian version of the Corso

Keep in mind that there are going to be bad representations of both dogs from recent US bloodlines and from Italian counterparts. So you could get on a plane, fly to Italy tomorrow, buy a Corso, and still end up with a horrible example of the breed. And of course, in the US, the amount of bad breeders is growing daily, just like with every other breed...
Old 03-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer View Post
I am not getting into the argument (cuz I don't know much) but just for fun I would say the Dog be held by the guy with the big beard is the "Italian" import.

Don't forget to tell me if I am wrong or not.
No one ever said which is which....did I guess correctly?
Old 03-27-2007, 12:31 PM
CASSA

Sorry I did not want to rub any salt if u know what I mean.
They are _ALL American bred some with Italian Blood in them according to the CGC papers with US kennel names on them.

Yet you can see the different breed types.

The more massive dogs are US bred dogs from Belmonte lines.
The typical Italian dogs sold here are SMALL and have great CC heads.
Some Lines in Canada have Boxerish head thou NOT boxer mixes.

Yet when Italian judges come here they will pick more US blood than Italian blood.. And they state " no more US vs Italy different Corso"

The reason being is the US founding Corso breeders helped bring the Corso into the new world, and have exported US bred Corso around the world thus influencing the global gene pool.

Are some US Corsi mixes and or Crap?? Of course
But the breed has a over haul in breed type in the last 10 years and is improving yearly.

Point was one should NEVER judge a breed by the few bad apples if the bunch has some great sweet apples as well.

And all because one person recently mixed a Corso X SAB and sold them as pure Corso. this is a Example only _ does NOT mean the breed has SAB in them or in their creation .

And for argument sake lets say they did have Boxer or Neo in their recreation or creation . Generations upon generations ago does that make them Bandogs or mutt? NO it does not.

Almost all breeds start off someone down the line being interchanged with other breed types to create on set type for a set function.

So accurate breed info is essential in stopping or slowing down BSL.
Thus my long winded post
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 03-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Dafuq?

*Sneaks in to share.*

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 03-27-2007, 03:59 PM
CASSA

Great pics Like the tongue sticking out
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 03-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Top Dog

I prefer the fawn one in the middle...Kinda looks like a big male version of Athena.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Dafuq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer View Post
I prefer the fawn one in the middle...Kinda looks like a big male version of Athena.
If you're talking about my pics, the red dog is my girl Loki.

I just find the size and type comparison between the APBT and the Dogo interesting. In those pics, you're looking at about 80 pounds versus 45. Its amazing how many people think Jedi is a pitboo, or a "what is he mixed with, Great Dane?" Personally, I don't think he looks like an APBT, although I can see why some would be confused.

Quote:
Great pics Like the tongue sticking out
Thanks. If the dogs didn't have a good bit of training, that would've been an impossible shot to get. Not because there's aggression, but because Jedi is infatuated with Loki. It takes him about a week to get over her being around, and he forgets it as soon as they're seperated. He's convinced she needs, erm, servicing. And she's convinced he needs his face chewed off when he tries.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...