Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 02-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Show Dog

Okay that is real sad!!!!! I guess I would be depressed too, having litter after litter. Some people are just sick sick sick!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Top Dog

That poor little old girl. She looks exausted. Poor thing. Jess, doesn't it just make you wish you could just go snatch her up and give her the love and rest that she deserves. It sure does me. My heart just aches for her.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:59 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

That is soooo discusting!!! I would also love the link to this....I will come and back you up since everyone is standing up for her.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Harumph™©®

Quote:
This woman says her dog was depressed, and that having puppies over and over again makes her happy.
Cripes, what an idiot.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Chihuahua Power!

She ended up leaving the forum... hasn't come back since (thankfully). I feel bad for the poor mom and her puppies

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 03-14-2007, 02:16 AM
Puppy Dog

I do think it's wrong that the dog had puppies so late, but I think perhaps there's a better way to go about educating people. I DO believe that her dog could have been depressed, in which case suggesting a behaviorist or meds would be a good solution. It does seem odd that her dog was completely inactive for years and after having puppies was lively enough to play with other dogs. It didn't sound to me like she was dragging herself around just to care for her puppies, but that she was more active in general. That does sound to me like she was happier and I do think it's possible that some kind of hormones or chemical changes from being pregnant could have caused that. BUT, the same effect could be achieved with antidepressants without adding to the pet overpopulation from a dog that isn't breeding quality, wasn't supposed to be bred, and way to old to have a litter.

Anyway, my only point is that I think gently educating people is much better than admonishing them. It doesn't do any good if they go on the defensive and don't listen to anything you say.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:29 AM
BusterLove