Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 02-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Love my pets

Default Eating frozen poop - help!!!!!

I know this has probably been discussed before but I can't find the thread. My pup (6 months old) has decided frozen poop is delicious. He's trying to get the other 3 dogs to enjoy his new treats. We are cleaning up the yard of poop daily and tell him no, drop it. Will this eventually end or is there something else I can do?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Top Dog

OH! Poopsicles! My Jose' just loves poopsicles. All you can do is clean it up and if he gets some, I don't think it's a big deal, other than it's gross. Dogs do gross things, at least from our point of view, but to them, it's pretty normal....for some dogs. Some people feed pineapple and that's suppose to deter them, but I don't. I imagine pinapple to be kind of acidic and worry that that might upset their tummies, but I'm not sure. I'm trying some yogurt, just in case he's needing some more intestinal bacteria, but he's on a good food and the others don't eat poop. Brewer's yeast is another thing that might help or some other pro-biotic.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Love my pets

Thanks. I'm up for trying anything. Peanut came in yesterday and I told him to drop it which he did right in my hand. I can't tell you how many times I washed my hands when I realized what I was holding.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Snow Girl

Try added Adolf''s Meat tenderizer to all your dog''s kibble. It makes it taste awful so it should deter the dogs from eating it.

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 02-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Peanut came in yesterday and I told him to drop it which he did right in my hand. I can't tell you how many times I washed my hands when I realized what I was holding.

ROFLOL!!! I've done that before too....you learn fast not to ask for things from your dog without doing the equivalent of an MRI first.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Twin 2.0

LOL...Virgo's been having a poopcicle fest lately. She seems to feel that fresh snow adds that special hint of flavor...because it has to be snowcovered or she ignores it. And voila, we just got 4 inches of snow earlier in the week. Last night she brought a chunk inside to take upstairs, I guess, so I got to both shake it out of her mouth once I realized what she was holding (doesn't know drop it that well yet) and clean it up after it was out of her mouth, followed by the Great Handwashing.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Active Pup

It could be worse.....

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/115400264.html
Old 02-16-2007, 02:06 AM
Puppy Dog

U can also try a pill you can get at petsmart, it is a coprophagia treatment. It worked great with my puppy, after a few days he stopped eating his poo. It's a chewable tablet. I would mash it up and put a little bit of yogart in his food and mix it all together. It's a 2 week treatment, and worked great with him.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:26 AM
Dog Lover Boutique

My vet told me to use Adolf's Instant Meat Tenderizer. You just sprinkle a tiny bit on their food. Don't add too much since it's salty. It does the same thing as the stuff you buy at the vet or PetSmart.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Love my pets

Thanks everyone. I'm still grossed out after reading this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyN View Post