Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-14-2007, 05:06 PM
CASSA

I do remember the Tosa inu as being very quiet compared to other Guardian breeds
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 02-14-2007, 05:09 PM
We are Home.

Id love to see a landlords face when you bring one home LMAO.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 02-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Top Dog

Athena very rarely barks and
Sal NEVER barks, he will make a whining sound if I leave him in the car alone but its not really a bark. I have asked several of my neighbors if they have ever heard my dogs and they have all said that they never hear my dogs.

So I would say American Staffordshire Terriers are very quiet if raised correctly.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:46 PM
CASSA

Tosa were very big in the Bronx projects because they would protect so quietly.
My self defense buddy came home to find a part of a finger in the grate they had protecting the windows.
He went next door no one heard a thing..
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 02-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Show Dog

BY GOD - DO NOT GO WITH A COLLIE EITHER!!

Colt barks a lot. Of course, I knew this beforehand, and some say their herders are quiet, but I think, as a rule, most herders are barkers. (at least Collies and Shelties are).
Old 02-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Top Dog

Basenjis can be quiet. What you would have to worry about is when he or she is alone. They can make a crying sound that can be very alarming. No, they do not bark and they do not yodel unless their emotions tell them to. But, as I said, the crying can scare a neighbor who doesn't know that you have a basenji or what one is. They may think that there is a child alone. That is, of course if you have a basenji that cries.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Owned by 2 Rough Collies

In my experience yeah, Collies are barkers but on the otherhand I have had some VERY quiet Collies. One of the I have right now. Bailey is very vocal. Chloe rarely barks unless Bailey is on a barking tangent. My last RB Collie (Timmie) ONLY barked when the kids in the neighborhood were on their four wheelers out by the woods. He NEVER barked when someone was at the door or any other time. He would bark when I asked him to "speak". The Collie I had as a kid didn't bark either except in play.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Twin 2.0

Well, as far as apartment sized dogs go...Cavalier King Charles spaniels are relatively quiet. Some pugs are quiet, some are incredibly noisy...most mini schnazuers are very barky and it's an ear piercing bark at that.

It really does all come down to the induvidual dog and some training. My Aussie is the biggest loudmouth at work, pretty much totally silent at home.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Snow Girl

My Sibes are very quiet until the mention of dinner, a walk, and especially RUNNING come up. Then they start talking but rarely ever barking

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 02-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc_spirit View Post
My Sibes are very quiet until the mention of dinner, a walk, and especially RUNNING come up. Then they start talking but rarely ever barking
For a moment I thought you said, "Shibas"!
People may scoff at you, who see not the lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no whimper pitched too fine for mere audition, people who may never really have had a dog. Smile at them, for you shall know something that is hidden from them and which is well worth the knowing. - Lord Byron