Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Top Dog

Angry People in the neighborhood's pit was shot

Liz met this sweet couple walking their new dog that they saved from Happy Tales Humane in the neighborhood tonight. I happened to be outside down the street yelling at some little rugrat kids to quit throwing rocks at people's cars, but all those kids love Brady so it quickly turned into a Brady love fest.

Anyway, Liz called me after she talked to them and said she had to tell me their story because she felt so bad for them. They had 2 pit bulls and 2 cats. One pit died from old age, which is sad, but natural. The second one got shot and they were at home and the poor baby walked up bleeding and could barely hold himself up. They rushed it to the vet and there was nothing they could do at that point so they had to put him to sleep. Liz said the guy was so upset even as he was retelling the story he almost cried, and how he was saying that dog was his best friend and he couldn't understand why someone would do that.

Isn't that horrible?!

Then they told her that the same thing happened to one of their cats a couple of months later! She said some construction workers showed up at their house with their cat in their arms and said that they found their cat and someone had shot it and they better get it to the vet fast. So, then their cat died too.

I cannot believe how horrible some people can be. I cannot imagine how bad they must feel. I would be livid, sad, pissed, crying all at the same time.

Can you believe that?

So they just now have gotten a new dog, and she was very sweet. The girl told Liz that even though her pits were so sweet she never walked them in the neighborhood because of all the people that believe those stereotypes. Looks like she was right. I feel so bad for them and wish I could HUNT down the jerk that did that like he hunted someone's PETS!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Top Dog

OMG, how awful... I feel so bad for the pit and his owners.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Island dweller

Awwww. Those poor people! It kind of sounds like someone has a grudge against them! How awful.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:50 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

The person doing the shooting needs to be discovered..firing a gun within city limits is a crime here..and someone had to have heard it. Then they police could add animal cruelty to the charge.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Thats horrible. Those poor people must be feeling horrible about their beloved pets. Did they move out of that neighborhood?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Top Dog

Those poor people need to beware of the vermin they're living amongst. It's not just because they had a pittie... their cat was shot, too. There is a low-life vermin excuse of a human being preying on their animals. I'd advise them to MOVE!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Big German Shepherd

Man... that's terrible.

I'm sad for them. How terrible can someone be to shoot a domesticated animal, I bet the pit wasn't even doing anything either. They probably saw it and decided at the spot, what terrible crime to commit. I hope they find these people.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:54 PM
Dog Spoiler

People like that dont deserve to live.

-Jon
Old 04-29-2005, 03:59 AM
Puppy Dog

OMG how awful
Old 04-29-2005, 04:16 AM
Trained by an Airedale

How heartbreaking for them. It's bad enough losing a pet, let alone knowing that someone intentionally killed it. Trouble is there are just too many people who think it is okay to make animals suffer - I'm having a downer on the human race today.