Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Active Pup

Unhappy Need 2 mo Temporary home for my 3yr old dog

Hello,
I am currently having to move in with a friend for 2mo and need a temporary home for my lovely dog Carrington. She is a boxer/border collie mix and weighs about 50lbs. She stays inside and doesn't mind cats at all. She is a very calm inside dog, but outside she loves to run and play fetch. Her food will be provided along with toys and if possible I would like to come by once a week and visit or take her to the dog park. I could come by more often if she lived in the southeast part of Houston, but currently I am running out of time and I refuse to get rid of her so I will take what I can get. As long as it's a good home. She doesn't chew things up and she is fully house broken. I currently have a housekeeping business and would be willing to clean your house once a week along with bathe Carrington. If you are interested please contact Torie @ 281-743-9736. Hopefully there is someone out there who understands just how important it is for me to keep my Carrington. Thank you
Old 04-28-2005, 07:39 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i sure hope u find someone..have u thought about contacting a senior center? a well behaved dog like that might be a cheerful companion for someone recovering from an illness and needed some cheering up..and the house cleaning would be a big benefit..might try some cancer centers as well..just an idea..i wish i could help more...
Old 04-28-2005, 07:46 PM
~3 Mutts~

Aw, I'm sorry! If I didn't live in Florida, I'd take her for a couple of months for you. I hope you find someone!! Best of luck!

~Purr
Old 04-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Top Dog

Smkie...that's a great idea ! You might also check with your vet as to one of their clients being interested....I'd do it in the wink of an eye if you were in Indy ! I'm sorry a friend or family member won't help you out !
Old 04-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Top Dog

I'm in Fort Worth, Guess I'm a little too far away to be any use to you?

Lucy

~ My Blog ~
Old 04-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Active Pup

Thank you everyone for your generous responses. I will definitely give all of your ideas a try. Unfortunately Fort Worth is a little too far for me to drive at the moment. But I appreciate the concern greatly. If you guys have anymore ideas feel free to let me know. thanks again
Old 04-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

Okay, well I know its not ideal, but if you do get stuck, think of me as your last option!!

Lucy

~ My Blog ~
Old 04-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Felurian

Checking with your vet - and maybe getting a referral to other vets in the area - is a great idea. Just be sure that you have something in writing so that you get your dog back at the end of the two months! Write up an agreement and get it signed, you sign it as well, and both parties keep a copy. Even if it's a friend.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Top Dog

plus, in agreements spell out any vet costs...their fault...they pay; normal problems, you pay.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Active Pup

Thanks again everyone for the great suggestions. So far no luck.