Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 01:52 PM
tessa_s212

Default How to Communicate Peacefully-A Tutorial

It seems every now and then we have quite a few fights and/or rude comments thrown around on Chaz. I do really enjoy this forum, and would like to propose some recommendations for posting. If we all abide by the following steps, we can all have a happier place to discuss dogs.

1. Clarify. If someone says something, make sure you understand it! Rather than jumping right on their backs, ask them if thatís what they mean.

DON'T DO THIS:
Member1: I donít care for your dog.
Member2: OH MY GOD HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT I HATE YOU

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
Member1: I donít care for your dog.
Member2: What do you mean? Is it his coat, his structure, his tempermant?
Member1: Well his coat is pretty gross.
Member2: He did blow coat earlier this month, thereís not much I can do about it.

Please note the civilized manner the second conversation was carried out in, as compared to the first.

2. Keep it private. Should someone blatantly attack you on a thread, donít keep fighting there. Take it to personal messages quietly, and fight all you want there. Perfectly good threads have been ruined by arguments and grudges, and that should never happen.

3. Don't use sarcasm. Donít be snide, rude, inconsiderate or amazingly sarcastic. Simply state your side of an argument, and accept the fact that people will disagree with you. You can argue until youíre blue in the face, it will probably not change someoneís opinion. Remember Ė there is a difference between an argument and a debate.

4. Don't hold grudges. Donít bring up previous threads, arguments or statements. A discussion is for the topic on hand, not what someone said some other time. Do not bring in the personís past, habits or actions from their personal life.

5. Reread your posts. Never post anything without rereading it. Look at it from the perspective of an outsider. Does it make sense? Can it in any way be offensive? Many times a person means one thing, but it comes out very different. Thirty seconds to scan over a post will save hours of fighting.

6. Don't take things personally. Odds are if you take something personally, it will get out of hand. Should someone say something you think is a direct attack, ask them exactly what they mean. If they are being rude, ignorant or offensive, either take the conversation to Personal Messages or report them to an Administrator.

*by James
Old 05-26-2006, 01:58 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Don't use sarcasm
thats just no fun

Your actually right with most of it

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 05-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK
thats just no fun

Your actually right with most of it
Can't we use sarcasm and just put a after it?
Old 05-26-2006, 02:07 PM
no touchy

*sniffle* Sarcasm is my best friend!!

The large majority of your post I agree with though.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Top Dog

I agree with not holding grudges fully!

Differences aside you don't want to lose valuable information just because you two don't agree that black dogs are prettier than brown dogs (EX lol).
Old 05-26-2006, 02:11 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
black dogs are prettier than brown dogs

How could you!! How dare you!!! OMG I so hate you now. Your on my ignore list!!!!

You know I luv ya

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 05-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Don***8217;t be amazingly sarcastic.
B-but.. it's all I've got!
Old 05-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Felurian

Okay! I moved this thread, copied this thread and stickied this thread . . . Need I say more?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Closed Thread