Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 02-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I cringed at this, but she was handling him in the ring several of those days, had him under control at all times and Kohl absolutely loved her. So, I was a whimp about correcting her. We did have some work to do when we got home though, as he then started jumping clients that came to my door, first week home from show.
Yes, that would be hard to "correct" the person who is working with him. LOL. I am laughing because I can just see you when you got home. Yes, Dobes are not (IMO) good candidates for too much wildness in their play. They can really forget themselves sometimes because they're such natural goof balls. Give 'em an inch and they'll knock you down. Or leap up in their excitement and chomp off your arm. (had that done once when we got too crazy) So, I keep it down to a dull roar. LOL. Even with play with other dogs, it looks sometimes like Lyric could, at any second go from play to prey. I don't like it when he gets on that border line. Then it's time to change the subject and I tell him, "Lyric....you look like such a dignified gentleman. It's time you tone it down and act like one." LOL.

Quote:
Doberluv, Kohl's now 64 lbs, just having turned 6 mos. of age Jan 18th!!
I can't believe it!!!! 64LBS already and 6 months already? Holy cow! Time flies. I wish you could post some pictures.

You know....it's hard to think back to when Lyric was a baby now that he's 3.5 yrs old. It just doesn't seem like it's been that long. But I do remember not having much trouble from him with jumping or biting on me. It seems like within a couple of weeks, he wasn't doing that so much. He was doing other catastrophic things, just not biting and jumping. (or maybe I'm forgetting or just blocked it out of my mind.) LOL. I did give him a lot of exercise though, probably more than is advisable for his bones, but I had to or he'd destroy my house. Anyhow, his bones are fine.

Quote:
Ya know... I believe I just repeated Doberluvs' post!!! Lol
No you didn't. You added some great points that I didn't think of.

Anyhow, Dobes are a wonderful breed, but not easy puppies. Can't wait for more pictures Maya. She's adorable. You too Otch. If you need help with posting them, let me know.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I just hope if I ever get lost for real, I have a pocket full of treats or he may not care to find me!!
OMG!!! I am laughing sooooo hard at that. Too funny. That is a great game! I play it when I'm on my hikes and Lyric is up ahead. I'll duck behind some tree and just be silent. He doesn't like to be too far from me and always looks back or comes back to see if I'm coming along, usually no further than a couple hundred feet. Anyhow, he'll look back and see that I'm not there and he races back and often runs right past me. I'm covering my mouth so I don't giggle. I watch. He looks around and then he sees me or sniffs me. Then he's uproarious. It's like he gets the humor of it. If he stands there too long looking bewildered, I don't make him wait and will make a noise because it's not nice. He looks sort of pathetic if he can't find me fast. But yes, hide and seek is fun. Great idea Cooper!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-03-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm PAWMAZING!

lol... my name is Jennifer.... Maya is my pup.

lol I should get some pictures. I got her a little sweater becuase she gets really cold outside. It's cute!

Did you know that it is a sin, Immorality lies within- September

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 02-03-2007, 09:20 AM
<--------Orson

Yes, Orson is 9 months, and he still shivers inside the house if there's a draft!! He reminds me of an oversized chiuahua..<sp?>
Old 02-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
lol... my name is Jennifer.... Maya is my pup.

lol I should get some pictures. I got her a little sweater becuase she gets really cold outside. It's cute!
Well, I figured Maya is your pup, but with some of the "call names" of members here, the name if often one in the same. A little confusing. LOL. My real name isn't Doberluv. ROFLOL. It's Carrie.

I can relate to the shivery Dobe syndrome. I have a plaid, wool blanket to cover Lyric with at night. Yes, all of my dogs have short hair and live in a cold climate in winter. Not the best dogs for this area. Oh well. I should have a big, furry, beautiful husky living here. But I couldn't stand the part about having to have them on a leash all the time or having to vacuum 3 times a day. LOL. As it is, I vacuum almost every day.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-03-2007, 09:38 AM
<--------Orson

Me too, (both short hair, and vacuum city, cold climate part year)...........and Orson sleeps on our bed at night and HAS to be covered with his blankie or he still shivers..........DOGS, can't live with em' and surely can't live without em' hehehe
Old 02-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Top Dog

Doberluv, I'll get the pictures (proofs) back soon, from the proffessional photographer at the show. He had some taken after reserve win. I didn't take any myself and yes, will need help again when trying to post them. Lol! I have had 3 different people help with just the few pics so far. It's sad, how difficult computers seem to be for me!
Old 02-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Top Dog

Don't feel badly Otch. I have a terrible time with computers and I too needed loads of coaching in the beginning. I'll go through it with you how I do it. I don't do the photobucket thing, but that way might be easier. I just do it from the gallery here. Anyway, let me know when you get to that point.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-04-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm PAWMAZING!

Okay... so I have tried your advice about when she jumps up to just turn my head away from her and ignore her untill she has all four feet on the ground, then praising her. We have a problem, and it's gonna get HUGE! She doesnt give up and get back on the floor, she will crawl up on my lap! Now a 10 week old pup isnt such a big deal but when she gets bigger I wont be able to have her on my lap!

What should I do?!?!

Did you know that it is a sin, Immorality lies within- September

I am a "Female Dog"
Old 02-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
Doberluv, I love your advice on this. I looked at it from my somewhat weird perspective...

I like dogs that jump up. Dogs LOVE to jump up to get closer to your face, and I have a few that actually hug LOVE IT!
I'm the same way, Spirit

Of course, not everyone is really ready for Fila hugs, lol! But there is nothing sweeter than when they lay that big head next to yours with their paws on your shoulders and give you a big hug.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian