Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Felurian

I remember being a teen, too, being surrounded by people who were only interested in the moment, the next party, whether they were wearing the right brand of shoes or clothes, whether or not they were popular enough, had enough money, enough status, a credit card to use at the mall, the next thing that benefitted them in the short term - all sorts of ridiculous, apathetic, self-centered behaviour. They're still eating the environment, discouraging free speech and selling what there is of their small souls for oil - and I'm still doing my best to thwart them - all these years later.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Happy

We apparently hung out with different crowds.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Felurian

Oh, I didn't hang out with that short-sighted bunch - just observed them and interacted at will. I was always pleasant to them when they sought me out, which was frequently, but to hang out with them? Never . . . I did always wonder, though, how people who were so boring could be so potentially dangerous.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Happy

Potentially dangerous? What are they going to do, establish pro-Hummer terrorist cells?
Old 05-20-2005, 11:20 AM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer
Actually, you have a better chance of having problems with a stray dog if you have your dog with you. Most dogs don't want to mess with Humans but will be much more inclined to attack another dog. Your dog was lucky to have you with him....lol.
LOL.

ok... I just dont see a pit as a threat to my dog i guess.

He's there for protection from everything, dogs and humans alike.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:21 AM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Ordinarily you'd be right on the money, Amstaffer, but the reactions other dogs have to a dog like Orion (Ovcharka) are pretty different! It's not just the size; there's an aura - charisma may be a better word - from these giant molossoid herding breeds that stops a lot of foolishness cold before it ever gets started. Other dogs really don't like to challenge this type of dog. I've had the same type of incident with the Filas. Our dogs aren't dog-aggressive, but they are defensive, especially when we're on the other end of the leash! There's a look in the eye and a body stance that just lets other dogs know that aggression just isn't in their best interests, lol! One of the reasons we have to be so responsible about socializing these dogs and making sure they learn the difference between what's normal and what is a threat.

Yep, exactly right.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
"Consider the source" means to remember that the people giving you a hard time or judging you don't deserve your attention. Smiling and nodding doesn't mean you still hear them, you can be thinking about something entirely different and paying absolutely no attention whatsoever - to the point that their words sound like gibberish. It just ticks them off no end though, that you're smiling and not giving them the reward of the reaction they want from you - that hurt look on your face or hearing you trying to defend yourself against their meaningless words.
I see....next time I'll just sing my favorite song in my head while I smile and nodd. That makes soo much sense to me know. It's that saying "Don't give the fire fuel to burn" or something like that.

Quote:
I remember being a teen, too, being surrounded by people who were only interested in the moment, the next party, whether they were wearing the right brand of shoes or clothes, whether or not they were popular enough, had enough money, enough status, a credit card to use at the mall, the next thing that benefitted them in the short term - all sorts of ridiculous, apathetic, self-centered behaviour. They're still eating the environment, discouraging free speech and selling what there is of their small souls for oil - and I'm still doing my best to thwart them - all these years later.
That's exactly how so many of the kids in my school are!! They are always talking about how their fathers gave them a credit card and their new sports cars and clothes and...yadda yadda yadda! It is really annoying. I look at them and am glad I am not that self-centered....at least I hope I'm not!

Oh and I don't like the rap stuff...ICK....It just doesn't sound good to me. Right now I am listening to creed. I think it's his first cd, but not sure cause I am listening to the burnt copy. My freind had the cd....yes I know...bad me
Old 05-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casablanca1
Potentially dangerous? What are they going to do, establish pro-Hummer terrorist cells?
If you don't think those kids are dangerous you need to go back to High school! It's a dangerous place to be....especially where I live. There are soo many fights that end up with one or more people going to the hospital. Blood all over the ground and gangs everywhere. And I don't live in the worst place!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Top Dog

I haven't been on this post for a while, and couldn't believe how it's revolved into the present issue.! BB, you did the right thing. I said many posts ago , I was proud of you. Grammy's been around a while and has always thought..Damned if I do, Damned if I don't. Also, at one time the only thing I wanted on my last stone was " Lord knows she tried " ...A few years ago my then next door neighbor had a pitbull they rescued. They only let it out in their fenced in back yard twice a day....it would try to attack my golden through the fence. My Bubba was a very layed back golden I could bring out in front with me ( not fenced ) when I was gardening. We were out one day , he asleep in the shade, me weeding when I saw a shadow. It was the Pit...now this dog had attacked 2 people , ....he wasn't looking at me, he was slowly moving towards Bubba with shackles up. Yes, I was dumb ....I ran to Bubba, grabbed his collar and ran him to the house. I knew he wasn't a fighter . Luckily the people came out and caught their dog....he had gone through the screen door. Now that we've had a nice story with a happy ending, let's cool it on this issue. BTW....they were BAD owners , bad neighbors (renters) .... bad people period. Had a Chow chained outside, never groomed who was dying of heart worm....5 cats with fleas so bad they infested the house and a small dog that was never seen. Bye Bye from me to this thread...
Old 05-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue5290
If you don't think those kids are dangerous you need to go back to High school! It's a dangerous place to be....especially where I live. There are soo many fights that end up with one or more people going to the hospital. Blood all over the ground and gangs everywhere. And I don't live in the worst place!
You'd need a very large gun to get me back to high school. The post I was responding to was talking about spoiled brat middle-class kids who thought only of clothes and dates and the new cars their daddies were going to buy them on their 16th birthday. As you've pointed out, they're hardly the most dangerous members of society, and they grow up to be pretty much the same - annoying but deadly only insofar as their hunger for material possessions drives the economy into deranged bargains with the devil. Which is a bit lofty and big picture for me.