Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Active Pup

wow judgemntal people i see....

hardly the fassion acessory, im much to manly for that, in any case... with that being said, thank you for the replies, i was thinking perhaps a teacup poodle, but i like ugly dogs better, but they have quite the happy personality.

i already have a small dog, and if it wasn't for the apartment id be getting a big wolf/husky cross....

anyone know of a teacup poodle having a bad personality?
Old 04-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip's Girl
Nedim better to be safe than sorry IMO. Not everyone is as responsible as you are and many people DO want cutesy little dogs to carry around everywhere. No there is nothing wrong with wanting a small dog but one must still consider that it IS a dog after all.
I had the wrong impression of owning a small dog when I got Ripley. When I realized that he didn't want to be carried around everywhere, the appeal of owning a tiny dog wore off a bit. Now it is a huge hassle, Ripley hates to be carried but he can't walk around on the floor much due to his fragility and people's tendency not to look where they are going.

You must admit it is suspicious for someone to be asking about the tiniest possible dog. That doesn't say "I want a good companion" to me.

jmo of course.

I understand exactly what youre saying. Maybe sometimes curiosity gets the best of you, you know? I'm glad that there are people who view toy dogs as dogs, not toys(tongue twister), and there are others who see them as a fashion statement, but I think that "cuddly" is a companion trait to some people. Sometimes, people show their affections for their dog by cuddling. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that in my opinion, I dont view tasha as the type of person whod want a dog as a fashion accessory, just a person who has a thing for small dogs.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Island dweller

We're not all judgemental.

I don't know about any poodles having a bad personality. I think that every dog is different.

Are you sure you don't want a man-purse with a fluffy dog in it?
Old 04-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_tasha
wow judgemntal people i see....

hardly the fassion acessory, im much to manly for that, in any case... with that being said, thank you for the replies, i was thinking perhaps a teacup poodle, but i like ugly dogs better, but they have quite the happy personality.

i already have a small dog, and if it wasn't for the apartment id be getting a big wolf/husky cross....

anyone know of a teacup poodle having a bad personality?

In my opinion, a chinese crested dog is very ugly and very small. I dont think theyre too cuddly though.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:13 PM
Top Dog

Ok, here comes my two cents.....lol

Whatever you do, do NOT buy a teacup poodle. These dogs are extreamly unhealthy (they are so small they have problems with their blood sugar) and they are even more fragile than a normal Toy Poodle. The only people breeding these dogs are Back Yard Breeders and Puppymills, who you do NOT want to support. And since they come from bad breeders, they often have temperment problems too. (Too shy, too aggresive, too yappy, too nippy etc.)

Ok, now that that is off my chest.....lol

When I heard that you wanted a tiny fluffy dog, the first breed that came to mind was a Pomeranian. Here is a link to them:
Pom info
More Pom info
A well bred Pom should be about the size of a Chi. The Poms you often see on the streets are normally poorly bred and aren't a good represenitive or the breed. Poms shed a LOT and they do yap, but they are a tiny, fluffy dog. lol And as with any small breed, stay far far away from people who breed "extreame tinies" or "teacups" or "pocketbook pups".
Old 04-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Dog Spoiler

Well I'm just gonna answer the question. If you want small and fluffy, pomeranian is the dof for you.

-Jon
Old 04-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Are you dead yet?

Have to say it..

There is no such thing as a 'teacup poodle'. This is not a breed in itself but an ultra-tiny variation of the toy poodle. Few are healthy and not many have excellent temperaments due to irrresponsible breeding.

I second the suggestion of the Pomeranian. You mentioned though that you live in an apartment, and Poms, particularly younger poms, are extremely excitable dogs and because of that can be a little 'barky' at times. I'd prepare yourself to spend a lot of time teaching the "quiet" command if you get a Pom.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:33 PM
no touchy

Stay away from "Tiny Toy" and "Teacup" dogs. They're from puppy mills, and basically infested with health problems.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Taco Dog

A longhaired Chihuahua is the right dog for you. A well-bred one will have a great personality and is a wonderful little "guard" dog. Or perhaps the better word for a Chi is "bark" dog. LOL They will always warn you when an intruder is near or something out of the ordinary is happening. Great little dogs. Take lots of time with it and train it with patience, you have a wonderful loyal friend for life.
I have a Chi, a shorthaired, but Chi nonetheless, and I love her to death.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 04-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Dog Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
Stay away from "Tiny Toy" and "Teacup" dogs. They're from puppy mills, and basically infested with health problems.
Amen

-Jon