Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Active Pup

Default Wwhich dog is the smallest breed, yet fluffy

i there me and my boyfriend want to get a dog but we live in an apartment, i currently own a japanese chin, but was wondering what breed of dog is EVEN smaller and fluffy at the same time?

does anyone know of dogs less then 4 poundS?
Old 04-27-2005, 02:18 PM
~3 Mutts~

How about a toy poodle? Yorkies are little, and have lots of hair, but they aren't really fluffy. Make sure to do your research before buying one, though.

Last edited by Purr; 04-27-2005 at 02:19 PM. Reason: wrong breed
Old 04-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Top Dog

The average weight of a chihauhua is 2-6 pounds. They have a long-hair variety. I'm not sure, but I think the chihauhua is the smallest of all dogs. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:37 PM
Show Dog

Paris Hilton, wannabe?
Old 04-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by siemens716
Paris Hilton, wannabe?
Whats that supposed to mean?
Old 04-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Are you dead yet?

Why do you want such a tiny dog? Don't mean to be pushy or anything, but extremely small dogs are nervewracking to own because they are so easily injured. If you step on a Papillon's foot, it's shattered into a million pieces wheras if you step on a cocker spaniel's foot, the dog will most likely just yip and be fine.
PLEASE don't just get a little tiny dog as something to carry around everywhere as a 'fashion accessory'.

That being said, do some research on smaller breeds and find out which suit your lifestyle and personality the best. Choosing a dog based only on size is not a wise decision.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Top Dog

I dont think she wants the dog as an accessory, but as a companion. I agree with researching which dog is right for you ahead of time but it's not like theres anything wrong with having a small dog. I think tasha just wants some info, and do you really think shes going to go out and buy a dog just because its listed on a dog forum. No. I believe she will do research, using our suggestions as guidelines.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Island dweller

I'm sure you're right Nedim but we do get some odd questions on here!
Old 04-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Are you dead yet?

Nedim better to be safe than sorry IMO. Not everyone is as responsible as you are and many people DO want cutesy little dogs to carry around everywhere. No there is nothing wrong with wanting a small dog but one must still consider that it IS a dog after all.
I had the wrong impression of owning a small dog when I got Ripley. When I realized that he didn't want to be carried around everywhere, the appeal of owning a tiny dog wore off a bit. Now it is a huge hassle, Ripley hates to be carried but he can't walk around on the floor much due to his fragility and people's tendency not to look where they are going.

You must admit it is suspicious for someone to be asking about the tiniest possible dog. That doesn't say "I want a good companion" to me.

jmo of course.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Top Dog

I understand that there are some questions that sound a little quriky(if you wanna call it that) but there are some that come out wrong. I think that if someone is offended or even simply confused by a question that is asked, they should take the liberty to clear up the situation and that way the forum can stay a bit friendlier.