Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Walks into Mordor

Red face Voodoo is not a sheltie

Our horrible wet weather finally cleared up yesterday! It's still cold, but we can actually see the sun now. The mudhole that was once our yard is now dry.

The boys are tickled to death at finally being able to play outside, and were romping with me this morning in the yard. Both of them were full of energy and mischief. Voodoo was running laps around the yard, and Zeus was bouncing around me with a squeaky toy in an attempt to solicit a game.

I see Voodoo come charging at me full speed from across the yard. It didn't worry me because my boys know they're not allowed jump up....or so I thought. When he didn't slow down, I wondered what the demon was planning. Then I saw him gather his hind legs.

Have you ever seen those agility trials on TV? The ones where, after running the course, the cute little sheltie or border collie makes a flying leap into its owner's arms? Today, I learned that Voodoo is not a sheltie. I had barely enough time to brace my legs before he joyfully launched himself right at me: "WEEEE! Catch me, Mom!"

Now I understand why Voodoo was able to cannonball through our wooden trellis. It was like taking a wrecking ball directly in the chest, and I'm not exactly the strongest person around. Legs braced or no, Voodoo knocked me clear off my feet. I fell/flew backwards about two feet, hit my back on the stucco wall, slid down and landed flat on my rump. I had 70 lbs of happy catahoula sprawled across my lap, with a big doggie smile on his face and a merrily thumping tail: "YAY! You caught me!" Voodoo gave a few happy licks to my face, then took off at a run to continue his zoomies. Zeus went chasing after him.

I have a scrape on one arm from the stucco, where my sleeve got pushed up by the slide down the wall. I have a feeling I'm going to have a bruise or two as well.

*sigh* I feel for Zeus. I have no idea how he stands being tackled like that on a daily basis....and actually enjoys it. I guess I should be mad at Voodoo. But he was just so happy that I didn't have the heart to get upset.

I absolutely love my dogs.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

Hahah Voodoo thats adorable but very painful for you. Happy to hear your ok, I've actually had Duke launch himself at me at the park when he plays on the slide. He likes to run up the stairs slide down the slide and at the very end jump off straight into my midsection and I go flying. Mind you Duke is only a 45 pound rotti/GSD/Collie puppy so I can only imagine how fun your day was:P

Feel better
Kayla

“Violence begins where knowledge ends.” –Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Twin 2.0

Oh man, I'm glad the wall broke your fall!

Sometimes it's just impossible to get mad at them, even when blood is involved.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Water Junkie

LOL, I know the feeling I went outside this morning with Lizzie and she was so happy to be outside with me(and plus she had TONS of energy) so she comes RUNNING at me with this happy smile lol and she knows not to jump on people and she JUMPED up on my back! All most knocked my flat over!

Quote:
Isn't that the truth!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 01-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Felurian

I don't even want to THINK . . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Walks into Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I wonder how many non-dog people read this and think we're all crazy?
Old 01-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Twin 2.0

Probably as many non-kid people read those types of threads with the same thoughts?
Old 01-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress View Post
I wonder how many non-dog people read this and think we're all crazy?
You're all crazy!

J/K
Old 01-25-2007, 04:21 PM
mostly ignored...

Stormy is now as long as I am tall! She can get up on her hind legs and look me in the eyes. Anyway, she pulled a "sheltie jump" on me the other day but I moved out of the way in time and the poor girl just laid there and looked up at me like "You were supposed to CATCH ME!" lol. I guess it serves me right...Sunny is small enough that I actually have him do the cute little jump into my arms thing. I guess Stormy thought it was only fair and yes, we are crazy!
Old 01-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Walks into Mordor

SUNNYPUP! I haven't seen you posting for awhile! Glad to see you back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnypup View Post
Anyway, she pulled a "sheltie jump" on me the other day but I moved out of the way in time and the poor girl just laid there and looked up at me like "You were supposed to CATCH ME!" lol.
LOL! Poor Stormy! Heehee...but you know what? I bet you actually felt a little guilty for moving.