Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Are you dead yet?

Default Uh-oh...

I was chatting with some friends on yahoo messenger and someone asked who Dakota's breeder was, and eventually asked for her website.

I gave it to them and wound up browsing it as well, looking for updates, and found out that she did a repeat of the breeding that produced Dakota and the pups were born a few days ago. And as soon as I saw some of those little faces I went into "Get another puppy" mode. I've been pacing, fidgeting and clicking back on that site for updates every hour. This would be my 'dream breeding' as the results of this litter were so outstanding the first time.

Now the thing is, I don't NEED another puppy. I've got my boys and I am happy with them. Summer break has just started, so I have a ton of time on my hands to devote to them. Ripley needs his memory refreshed on his training and hopefully will see a behaviorist that can apply their methods and make them work for him. But, even if I spend an hour daily training Ripley, and 20 minutes daily training Dakota, and 20 minutes daily exercising them both, I've still got MANY hours left to devote to the puppy. During the summer my social life usually goes "kapoot" because I travel so much, so friends will be undemanding.. I'll seriously have nothing better to do than put all my effort into raising a pup..

OK honestly I'm just starting to realize that there is no point to this thread but to "think out loud" (well. sorta.) but really if any of you can convince me not to want this pup please do. This is NOT what I'd planned to be obsessing over as soon as summer break started.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Wolfpack

Well...I don't really know what to say.
If you are really sure you can take care of another dog (puppy) then go for it.
Only you can decide
Kisses
Nicco

Old 04-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Felurian

Yeah, right, like we're going to try to convince you NOT to get another one when you've done so well with Dakota!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Top Dog

I say go for it. You look like you know what you're doing and you sound really devoted.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Top Dog

Default Go Fot It!

Sounds like you are a good responsible mom! If you truly love the breed, another one won't faze you, plus you are in the perfect situation to raise another baby. Good luck!
Old 04-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Big Dog

Whenever I want a puppy, I recall the teething. Talks me right out of it.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Top Dog

LOL! It sounds to me like you have already decided for yourself. Do you just want us to validate your decision?
Old 04-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Don't encourage me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogolove
LOL! It sounds to me like you have already decided for yourself. Do you just want us to validate your decision?
You took the words out of my mouth!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 04-26-2005, 04:16 PM
~3 Mutts~

Haha...LOL Rip! I recall reading a thread about a breeder you were going to help out over the summer, and you said that she was going to give you another pup anyway. You should go for it! And, Dakota could have something new to herd LOL.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Are you dead yet?

Well Purr if I get this pup, then when I go to work for Jo I will most likely not be able to take the BC she would offer me.
The ones that she has are not show line BCs like Dakota but dogs from true, pure working lines. They're more serious, "hardcore" workers which is what Ive come to want in a BC.
OR I could do the smarter thing and wait a year, and get the pup when I go to live with Jo.. And honestly I think that is what I *should* do as I'd get one heck of a good herder, but.. Eh.. *Whines* I want a puppy SOON!! LOL.