Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 01-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Top Dog

The better foods to choose from would be:

www.eaglepack.com (they have a nice large breed line)

www.canidae.com (this food is great quality at an affordable price. It is also an all life stage formula, so your puppy does not have to change between puppy and adult foods.)

www.naturalbalanceinc.com (this food is easier to find as many Petco's carry it. It is also an all life stage food)

www.timberwolforganics.com

www.naturapet.com (they make a few different foods, all of which are great quality)

Here is a great website to learn about dog food and how to identify a quality product:
www.dogfoodproject.com
Old 01-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Cats&Dogs r what I live 4

I would feed him 1/2 in the morning another 1/2 in the evening, and one more 1/2 cup in between morning and evening.
We have two dogs that are bigger and they are full grown (adults) and they usually eat 3-4 cups a day between both of them so its about 1 1/2- 2 cups for each of them.
They are both at healthy weight (not over weight but not skinny).
Good luck with your pup
Old 01-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Top Dog

When Tango was a young puppy, I was feeding her about 3 to 4 cups daily (depending on her activity level) at around 14 weeks. I can't remember what I fed when she was younger than that but probably around a cup and a half to 2 cups as she wasn't as active before she hit 14 weeks. Always three times daily too when she was young. She wasn't on a great food, as that was before I had internet and knew anything about food (she was eating Nutro Natural choice - not awful, but not wonderful). Either way though, even with a premium kibble, she probably would've been eating close to the same amount. Seeing as Tango isn't a large breed like a Golden (she's 35lbs full grown) and she required that much, I'd imagine that your pup would probably need the same amount or a bit more than Tango got as a pup. I'd definitely say you're under feeding her, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll have her at a healthy weight soon! Puppies need a lot of food. They eat considerably more than adults. As an adult, Tango now only eats 2-2.5 cups a day; big difference from when she was a pup.

The foods mentioned above by showpug are all excellent, and you should have great success with any of them. Most can't be found in chain pet stores usually. I know PetCo sells Natural Balance, but I don't think Petsmart sells any sort of premium brands. The others can always be found in smaller, privately owned stores.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 01-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Puppy Dog

Today we ordered Innova Large Breed Puppy. I had to order it because I couldn't find it in any stores...
Old 01-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikro View Post
Today we ordered Innova Large Breed Puppy. I had to order it because I couldn't find it in any stores...
That is a great choice. Good job. Now go feed that HUNGRY pup!