Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 04-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Shirley from Malaysia

i just found out my img not working in the first mesg. for those cant see :

here is russell :

Old 04-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Shirley from Malaysia

here is jojo :

Old 04-27-2005, 11:55 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

YOur friend's work has such expression, and style. I am sure she will be very successful. I would buy the rock of the sleeping dog in a skinny minute! U asked what country i am from i think? I am in the America, i live in the state of Missouri....Kansas City. I have seen many people attempt to be a stone painter, but most cannot do it at all. I love both of her mediums, the paper and the rock. Thank you so much for sharing all her work with us..i know the other forum members will enjoy these pics too!
How long have you known your friend? Where did she learn to paint?
Old 04-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Shirley from Malaysia

over here i think she is the only one doing stone painting... may be more .. i hv not yet find out... ehh
anyway, we just know each other, when our first indoor dog park open over here.. (so slow.. ehh ?) thats why she paint some of the stones for some of her new friends... i.e. ME!!!
she told me she pick it up somewhere ( i think america?) during her travel...
Old 04-28-2005, 01:09 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Thumbs up

Good for her!!! She will have the whole market to herself..not just a corner of it. I hope she sells a zillion.. Indoor dog park? as inside a building? That sounds very interesting indeed. The rocks are all so good.and her pastels have a fresh quality to them that makes them sing out....i am glad she is your friend and i am glad you are my friend to share this with..i brought my Mother over today and showed her your website..she thought it was nicely done as i do too..and the little boy Logan that comes to play with my dogs was just amazed at your jungle pictures and your movies. He wants to be a dog handler when he grows up. Tomorrow when he comes i will show him how you put your agility equipment together.Thank you!
Old 04-28-2005, 03:37 AM
Shirley from Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
Good for her!!! She will have the whole market to herself..not just a corner of it. I hope she sells a zillion.. Indoor dog park? as inside a building? That sounds very interesting indeed. The rocks are all so good.and her pastels have a fresh quality to them that makes them sing out....i am glad she is your friend and i am glad you are my friend to share this with..i brought my Mother over today and showed her your website..she thought it was nicely done as i do too..and the little boy Logan that comes to play with my dogs was just amazed at your jungle pictures and your movies. He wants to be a dog handler when he grows up. Tomorrow when he comes i will show him how you put your agility equipment together.Thank you!
haiyooo smkie... u make me very shy already now... there are many much more better site out there... mine is peanut.... i m very enjoy this forum bcoz all the members from different area, i've a chance to share other country culture.... thoughts... or even art...!
as u know there are many races here... i m very happy the first indoor dog park was open, at least this is a very good start. the dog agility sport also just started officially i think last year... so everything is new... but is good. after all those activities we get to know more friends, and ofcourse more fun.. i m glad to know u coz u are a great artist and i enjoy art work too...
Old 04-28-2005, 06:34 AM
BusterLove

they are great, i enjoy art, but i would LOVE to be that good

Old 04-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Felurian

Those are beautiful portraits! I had to wait until I was at the store to be able to see them since they wouldn't access from the home computer for some reason [sigh]. A lot of people miss that distinctive head shape of dogs like Russell when they're drawing.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-28-2005, 07:01 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Wink

I thought maybe you would want to share these with your friend..they are my designs, but she might get some more ideas to branch out with her talent..the rock fish is what i consider to be a gallery piece and has a large price tag on it. I feel it is worth it because the rock is identical on both sides and i painted it as such..i had a small wooden stand to set it up...the others are just ideas..but turtles have paid more than one utility bill and bought a bunch of groceries..it is a joke around here as to if we are eating rabbits or frogs this week..(tonight it is rabbits that will buy tomorrows dinner) i have some little ghosts too and pumpkins that were very popular during halloween..but i do not know if u have that "holiday" or not..anyway it is fun to share ideas...what is your friend's name?????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rockfishjpgreduced.jpg (14.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg rockscatturtle copy.jpg (10.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-28-2005, 07:14 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Smile

here are a couple more..i use a non yellowing polyurathane that is indoor/exterior to coat them with, and i found a bag of metal flake that if i am very careful i can add by putting a wet layer of the poly down and placing the metal flake on it..letting it dry and then carefully coating over sealing it between the layers..i didn't ask what kind of paint your friend is using..i use acrylic because it is cheap. drys quickly and doesn't fade even in full sun. I just thought i would share some of what i have learned along the way. Turtles are a big hit and i have a waiting list..i do not try to paint them like existing species because that would take too long and i would make no profit..not because i couldn't do it..i could,,,,i have done a soft shelled mud turtle that i sold for 50 dollars...i don't know what that equals in your money system..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turtlefaceb copy.jpg (6.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg fishandturtleshellb copy.jpg (13.6 KB, 1 views)