Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 01-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Top Dog

I see a Great Dane/Lab mix. I'm baffled by the Shar Pei claims & I don't see any "pit bull" whatsoever.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Top Dog

Definatley lab, maybe some 'bully breed', but could be tons of different things! I don't think Dane, he just doesn't look to be nearly big enough! What ever he is, he sure is a handsome old fella!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Top Dog

I was talking to my mom and she says she is 100% sure that there is shar-pei, She says Max was given up because this womans purebred show dog got out of the house during her heat and got pregnant, the woman who owned the pei was furious so she surrendered all the pups to the rescue. sorry i did not say it sooner, because i did not think we were 100% sure what he was. we still don't know the other half for sure though. i always wondered about his ears too and also his legs. they seem to be thin to me compared to a Shar-Pei (although all the wrinkles may hide that up) and over all he does not seem as boxy or "buff" as a pei. he does have some pei attributes, he hates all water with a passion, he is a little dog aggressive, and is not the most eager to learn dog. I don't know if this is a pei attribute but he almost never barks unless there is a strange person outside in the middle of the night. I have had people ask me if there is Pit Bull in him, but i'm honestly not sure, i've never really considered Dane because he is only 67 pounds and is not very tall. it would be cool though, as we have always just called him a Lab/Shar-Pei mix.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Bored Now.

I would say he's a Lab/Pei x Dane except that I think he'd be
larger. He has definitely got Shar-Pei in him. Could he have cropped ears? I can't tell from the pics, and it's not likely at all.. but I have never seen ears like that before! They're amazing! (Not that it doesn't mean there aren't ears like that out there, because I'm sure there are. I haven't seen half of everything yet.)
Old 01-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Top Dog

we did not crop his ears but they could have been done by his previous owners although they do not stand up straight. He was with his other owner for a little under 2 months, we got him when he was four months. his ears can go up and back, there is like a joint or something on the middle of them, I've always liked his ears myself.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Bored Now.

They're lovely ears. I wish I had a pair for myself. *sigh*
Old 01-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Dog Show Addict

Perhaps Dane, Sher pei, Lab?
Ares
Princess aka Tettles